Gain your official certification over the course of a two day period (running from Tuesdays and Fridays each week) that will allow you to dive with a dive master at any site in the world with this Byron Bay scuba diving course! With everything that you’ll need included such as diving equipment and both in-pool and in-sea dives, you’ll receive hands-on training by friendly, qualified staff who will make sure you are both comfortable and confident in your diving abilities.
Conducted within the brilliantly wildlife-rich waters of the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve, you’ll not only get to improve your skills but also come into contact with a bevy of aquatic creatures that the region is famous for. This certification is reserved for divers aged over 12 years, additionally divers are advised that you must wait a minimum of 12 hours before flying if one dive is undertaken. Take your diving levels to the next step – book a Byron Bay diving course online today!
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. If concerned, please consult your doctor. Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years.
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following: lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion, heart disorders, high or low blood pressure, diabetes and epilepsy, ear disorders and damage, COVID-19. If any of these apply please let the operator know
- The course includes equipment hire
- Swimming pool lessons and two scuba dives at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
- Issued PADI and SSI diving certifications
- All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
- Swim with tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as many interesting southern ocean animals including friendly blue gropers and wobbegongs.
- All this only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
- Courses run 8am Tuesday and Friday and takes 2 days to complete.
- Please note that we operate on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year we are 1 hour ahead of Queensland).
- Meeting at 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please ensure you keep a digital copy of your voucher and present on day of the experience
- Digital vouchers excepted for this tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher