The Blue Mountains are one of the most visited destinations in Australia and for good reason. They are a short 2 hour drive from Sydney, making them an ideal day trip option. Being 10,000 square kilometres in size, the area has a huge diversity of landscapes, flora and fauna and utilising a small, private tour will give you the opportunity to see the area at its best.
Blue Mountains Tour Options:
- Visit Featherdale Wildlife Park on route to the mountains to get close to koalas, kangaroos and many other Australian native animals (only recommended if you do not have time to visit Wildlife World or Taronga Zoo in the city) or head to a beautiful bush locations to find kangaroos in the wild.
- Stop for stunning panoramic views at Kings Tableland at a spot that won’t be crowded with tourist buses.
- Visit Scenic World to ride the famous railway and cable car and explore the beautiful temperate rain forest that lies in the Jamieson Valley below (additional cost if desired).
- Stop at Waradah Aboriginal Centre for a short performance that includes dance, music, story and local history of the traditional landowners.
- Enjoy a short but stunning bush walk (or longer if you are ready) chosen based on fitness levels and weather conditions for those looking to focus on getting away from crowds and closer to nature.
- Lunch is usually in a classic Australian setting amongst the gum trees or we can head with the crowds to the beautiful Leura Village or a local pub or one of many great restaurants in the area.
- Visit the breathtaking Pulpit Rock on the Grose Valley which few visitors to the area have the chance to see and see the regions highest waterfall.
- Return to the city on a local river cat which takes you down the harbour.You’ll enjoy seeing Sydney from the water as you make your way back to Circular Quay (this if often faster than being dropped off back to your accommodation due to afternoon traffic).
The focus with Your Sydney Guide is flexibility and tailoring a day that is just right for you. Being a mountainous region means that weather can be very unpredictable so travelling with a small group and a guide who know the area intimately makes a huge difference to your day out. There are many unknown factors on any day such as weather, traffic, crowds etc and the aim is to make each and every tour truly memorable and unique.
- National park entry
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation (Unless taking river cruise option for return leg)
- Chilled refreshments whilst travelling
- Free WiFi on board
- Full attentive guiding throughout the day.
- Lunch (unless ordered as optional extra)
- Entry fee to Featherdale, Scenic World or other attractions that might be visited
- Return river cruise ticket if chosen
This tour can be fully customised to suit your needs so please use the above as a guide only. The aim is always to deliver a great day out that works for you and your group. Larger groups can be catered for of up to 20 people and groups or families with small children or babies are very welcome. Please call Scott on 0420 222 646 or email sc[email protected] if you would like to discuss details.