The Mammoth Cave Adventure Tour is the most challenging cave adventure on offer at the Jenolan Caves and is sure to get your adrenaline pumping. Previous experience is necessary on the ‘Plughole Adventure Tour’ or the ‘Aladdin Adventure Tour’.
This challenging tour will take approximately 6 hours and covers extensive ground entering various large chambers, rock piles and long passages where you will be required to crawl through short and long squeezes along sandy and muddy ground past fossils before eventually reaching the Lower River.
A highlight of the tour is the ‘Oolite Chamber’ where you can see crystal formations that very few will have the opportunity to see. The afternoon is spent exploring the ‘Railway Tunnel’, ‘Horseshoe Cavern’, ‘Cod Hole’ and ‘Wombat Hole’.
The minimum age to participate is 16 years and above and this tour is scheduled on certain days throughout the month. Given the nature of these tours and previous experience of caving that is necessary it is not recommended for anyone that experiences claustrophobia.
The Mammoth Adventure at Jenolan Caves is a tour like no other that gives you the opportunity to explore one of the largest and undeveloped caves and learn about the history that surrounds them.
- This tour is currently unavailable
- A small group guided tour through the Mammoth Cave
- The Mammoth Cave offers six exhilarating hours of exploring in Jenolans largest undeveloped cave
- Equipment will be provided but further items needed will be discussed upon booking
- The trip only runs on the first Saturday of every month and admits those 16 years or older with an average fitness level
- Jenolan Caves Bistro is open for snacks, drinks & lunches from 9am – 5pm
- Mammoth Cave (min age is 16 years old) – 9am on the 1st Saturday of each month. Tour durations is approximately 6 hours
- Jenolan Caves is just 1¼ hours from Katoomba, 2½ hours from Sydney and 3 hours from Canberra, making it an easy to get to venue for small or large groups.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher