If you have ever wanted to be a cave explorer then this is your opportunity to do so at the Jenolan Caves on the Plughole Adventure Tour. This popular tour is a great introduction into the world of adventure caving for beginners.
No experience is necessary as guides are highly qualified in helping you to navigate your way through a series of caves. After a safety briefing, you will gear up with overalls, harness, helmet and headlamp and head off for some cave exploration in a small group.
For 2 hours, adventurers will take part in an series of climbs, crawls and squeezes and even an abseil through magnificent caves including: the Crystal Chamber, The Chapel, The Armchair Squeeze and many more.
This tour is recommended for people over the age of 10 with a reasonable level of fitness, flexibility and a sense of fun and adventure. After you have completed the tour you will be presented with a certificate of achievement and photos of the experience are available. This is the perfect tour for first timers who want to try adventure caving and it is advised that you complete this tour before attempting any other adventure caving tours.
The Jenolan Caves are located just 2.5 hours from Sydney and the Blue Mountains and tours are run daily.
- This tour is currently unavailable
- A small group guided tour through the Plughole Cave
- The plughole tour is a great introduction to adventure caving offering a two hour tour with fascinating commentary
- This trip doesn’t require a high fitness level but flexibility will be off assistance
- All equipment will be provided and joggers and old clothes should be worn
- Jenolan Caves Bistro is open for snacks, drinks & lunches from 9am – 5pm
- Plughole Cave (min age is 10 years old) – 7 Days a week tours departs at 1pm and an extra tour runs at 2pm on Saturdays. Tour durations is approximately 2 hours
- Jenolan Caves is just 1¼ hours from Katoomba, 2½ hours from Sydney and 3 hours from Canberra, making it an easy to get to venue for small or large groups.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher