See the best of the Red Centre with this three day and two night tour from Ayers Rock (Uluru) to Alice Springs. Beginning from Ayers Rock Airport and Ayers Rock Resort at midday, this tour will take you on an exciting adventure to the region’s best and most famous sites. The first stop on the agenda is to Uluru itself where you’ll be able to complete the base walk and take in the beautiful sight of this iconic natural landmark. Some of the highlights include the Mala Walk, Mutijulu Waterhole and Aboriginal Cave Paintings. The first night will then be spent at the Ayers Rock Campground where you’ll enjoy the provided dinner as the sunsets over Uluru.
On the second day of the tour, you’ll be able to witness the incredible sight of the sun rising over Uluru and the neighbouring Kata Tjuta. The majority of the day will be spent exploring Kata Tjuta’s Valley of the Winds under the guidance of a local tour guide. You’ll be shown traditional bush tucker before heading to the Aboriginal Cultural Centre to hear tales about the Aboriginal Dreamtime, otherwise known as the Tjukurpa. All meals are provided for the day and the evening will be spent at Kings Creek Station near Kings Canyon.
The third and final day of this whirlwind tour is to the giant and impressive Kings Canyon. The group will embark on a 3-hour guided tour of the ‘Lost City’ to see the amphitheatres, north and south walls and the Garden of Eden. This day also includes breakfast and lunch for the day. You’ll arrive back in Alice Springs by 5:30pm where you can then clean up and spend the night with your guide and tour group for dinner and a few drinks (not included) at local bar, The Rock Bar.
The only thing excluded from this tour are the Uluru park fees which are $12.50 for children and $25 for adults.
- Lunch and dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Breakfast and lunch on Day 3
- Air conditioned comfortable 21 seat buses
- Fun and experienced tour guide
- Swags and camping equipment
- Uluru Park Fee ($25 per adult and $12.50 per child under 15yrs+) is NOT included and is payable on the day
Day 1 : Uluru Sunset
- You will be picked at the front of Ayers Rock (Uluru) Airport or the Ayers Rock Resort in Yulara from 12:00pm
- First destination Uluru. Take in the breath taking sight of Uluru the World’s Largest Rock
- You then have time to complete an Uluru Base Walk around Uluru. You will see beautiful sites such as the Mala Walk, Mutijulu Waterhole and Aboriginal Cave Paintings
- We spend this night at the Ayers Rock Campground with toilets and showers after having dinner watching the sunset over Uluru
Day 2 : Kata Tjuta & Uluru Sunrise
- Feel the spiritual significance on a guided walk through to the Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta
- Be shown bush tucker along the hike before heading to the Aboriginal Cultural Centre where you can listen to tales from the ‘Tjukurpa’ Dreamtime
- We spend this night at the historic Kings Creek Station with toilets and showers, 20km from Kings Canyon
Day 3 : Kings Canyon
- Kings Canyon. Enjoy a 3 hour guided hike through the sandstone domes of the Lost City
- Visit the many Amphitheatres, North & South Walls and the beautiful Garden of Eden
- Get cleaned up and we meet later with your Guide for dinner and a couple of beers in an The Rock Bar.
- Sleeping bags can be hired for $20 each. In Winter (April-September) the sleeping bags go to -5 degrees and in Summer they are light weight
- Fly nets are available for purchase at The Rock Tour office for $7
- Visit the Aboriginal Cultural Centre where you can learn about the Dreamtime
- Take in the spiritual significance of Kantju Gorge, Mutijulu Waterhole and see Aboriginal Cave Paintings.
- Take in a memorable Uluru Sunrise over the World’s Largest Rock
- Enjoy a 3 hour guided hike through the sandstone domes of the Lost City
- Pick up from Ayers Rock (Uluru) Airport – We can pick up from any flight between 11.30am – 13.40pm (Sydney Jetstar, Melbourne Jetstar, Sydney Virgin and Qantas Cairns flight)
- Those arriving into Ayers Rock Airport (Uluru) on the Cairns flight in the morning can catch the free shuttle bus to Ayers Rock Resort (Outback Pioneer) for pick up at 12.00pm
- You will return back to Alice Springs on Day 3 at 5:30pm
What To Bring
- Small bag
- Sturdy walking shoes
- 2 water bottles
- Warm clothes for the winter and comfortable light fitting clothes for the summer
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements