This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Macleay Island, Macleay Island, Redland City, Brisbane Region, Queensland
Macleay Island 11.20 – 3.33 ( 11.15 – 3.43 Saturdays )
Activities 11.20 – 2.20 ( 11.15 – 2.45 Saturdays )
We will drive along the island following the heritage trail and visit local artists and craftspeople.
– Historical relics of saltworks, distillery and lime kiln
– Tim O’Shea Wetlands – a protected area with a permanent freshwater hole and a fascinating historical past
– Tingira Boat Club, the Art Gallery with pottery shed, and the Bowls Club
– Short scenic walk along the picturesque road from Dalpura beach to Pat’s Park at the tip of the island
– Drive along the eastern side of the island enjoying the spectacular views
– Corroboree Park ( significant to Nunukul people as ancestors used it for millennia )
– Drive to Perulpa Island – a small island attached to Macleay Island by a road causeway.
2.20 – 2.40 Lunch food platter ( 2.40 – 3.00 Saturdays )
Healthy and delicious lunch at a local home with vegetarian and nonvegetarian options.
2.45 – 3.15 Workshop & rest ( 3.00 – 3.30 Saturdays )
Copper art: all material and tools provided.
3.15 Departure to Macleay Island jetty for Redland Bay ( 3.30 Saturdays )
3.33 Ferry Departure for Redland Bay ( 3.43 Saturdays )
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Karragarra Island QLD 4184, Australia
Karragarra Island 8.50 – 10.45 ( 9. 00 – 11.15 Saturdays )
Meet, greet and introduce myself and the islands
Walk along scenic Esplanade to the island’s beautiful community gardens to see and learn great ideas on how to create an organic garden with edible flowers, a shed and a compost, a worm farm and more
– Morning tea will be provided after a short walk to Robyn’s pottery workshop and studio
– Circled return walk to the jetty to catch the ferry to Macleay Island
Duration: 2 hours