Experience a traditional Welcome to Country and Acknowledgment of Country at the Spirit of the Red Sands in Beenleigh. Book this 90 minute interactive theatrical tour for a first-hand experience of the world’s oldest living country – the only experience that brings you up close and personal with the Aboriginal culture of Australia in the Gold Coast.
This cultural experience will allow you to feel the Dreamtime and learn of the traditional customs, cultures and languages of Indigenous Australia. Come along to learn about the 60,000 years of storytelling, dance and more. Participants will be guided by an elder through the village and go through a soul-cleansing smoking ceremony, learn and carry the message stick of acceptance and witness the sounds of the didgeridoo, ancient chants, dance and songs of the land.
The Welcome to Country and Acknowledgement of Country experience is available every Tuesday and Thursday at 9.30am from the Beenleigh Historical Village. Book this one of a kind cultural experience online here.
- 1.5 hour guided tour with knowledgable Aboriginal guide
- Cultural participation activities
- Bush tucker tasting skewer and lemon myrtle tea
- Souvenir painted boomerang
- Interactive experience where you participate in 60,000 years of culture
- The only experience that brings you up close and personal with the Aboriginal of Australia
- Learn about the Dreamtime and be "welcomed" on country
- Get hands on and participate in didgeridoo playing, boomerang painting, bush tucker tasting, spear throwing, language, storytelling, dancing and more
- Feel the vibe of the world’s oldest continuous culture to the sounds of the didgeridoo
- Witness ancient ceremonies like the Corroboree (dances) and firelighting techniques
- 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Located halfway between Gold Coast and Brisbane at the Beenleigh Historic Village, 205 Main Street Beenleigh QLD 4207
- Beenleigh is 30 minutes from Brisbane City and Airport and 40 minutes from Gold Coast City and Airport
What To Bring
- Comfortable casual clothes
- Closed in flat footwear eg. sneakers
- Wear/bring something you don’t mind painting in
- Plenty of free-parking on-site at Beenleigh Historical Village
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher