Minimum booking, 3 seats
The breathtakingly beautiful Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world and one of the world’s most stunning natural wonders. Experience the World Heritage Listed Reef from above and below on this once in a lifetime tour, which offers the rare experience of feeling like you have it all to yourself.
- Feel on cloud nine with bird’s-eye views of the Great Barrier Reef
- Touch down on a coral sand cay in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkel amongst world famous coral below the azure waters off the Cay
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic with sparkling wine on a secluded beach
- Relax in comfortable beach chairs as you spend two hours on the Cay
Your tour begins with VIP hotel pick-up, where you’ll be met at your accommodation and driven directly to our helipad. After a short safety briefing and helicopter orientation, you’ll be flying sky high towards the spectacular ecosystem that is the Great Barrier Reef. You’ll soon discover why people travel from all over the world to see it as we fly over the famous Green Island, the only Great Barrier Reef island to have true rainforest growing on it. During the flight your experienced pilot will be in constant communication, pointing out significant landmarks and providing expert commentary. Keep your eyes peeled for marine turtles that are often seen in the seagrass beds surrounding the island.
Continuing north-east you’ll enjoy dazzling views of the Outer Great Barrier Reef, comprised of thousands of individual coral reefs which when seen from above are bright patches sitting amongst the glittering blue waters of the Coral Sea. Home to an abundance of marine life, it’s not uncommon to spot a manta ray or maybe even a migrating whale, depending on the time of your visit.
Feel like a movie star as your pilot expertly brings the helicopter to land on your secluded sand cay. You’ve now touched down in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef, so why not go out and explore it! With quality stinger suits and snorkel equipment provided, it’s time to dive into the crystal clear waters and be surrounded by tropical fish and colourful corals. Deck chairs, sparkling wine and a gourmet picnic hamper of fresh prawns and local cheeses are laid out for you to enjoy on your return. All dietary requirements can be easily catered for, just let the operator know before your tour. You will have two hours to spend on the Cay, snorkelling and relaxing on the pristine white sands.
Feel on cloud nine as you return once again over the spectacular Great Barrier Reef to Cairns, where you will be transferred back to your accommodation in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle. There’s no doubt that this day will leave you with memories that will stay with you long after you return home.
Please note: Sand Cay landing is subject to sand cay availability. Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay and a very popular spot, especially during the weekends and holiday periods. If there is another helicopter, boat or people on the cay we cannot land. A landing on the cay is not possible with tides exceeding 2.2m and thus subject to tides on the day. In the event the sand cay is occupied, we fly to an alternative secluded beach nearby.
- 30 minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Helitours NQ will contact you with exact flight departure time once booked.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers. One infant under the age of three (3) may travel on the lap of an adult free of charge.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variance advised at time of booking greater than 10% may incur 100% cancellation fee.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.