Minimum booking, 3 seats
Taking off from Cairns we head south-west over Trinity Inlet and the Aboriginal community of Yarrabah, to fly over Fitzroy Island.
From Fitzroy we head north-west, towards the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Depending on the time of year, we may see some Humpback Whales which migrate to the waters below during the winter months. Beneath us the Coral Sea is interspersed with just some of the Great Barrier’s over 2,700 individual reefs. The water depth varies from 30m to 5m and you can often see right through to the ocean floor. This scenic tour will take you over both Michaelmas and Upolo Cays.
We then cross the coast over the beautiful beachside resort township of Palm Cove. Here the golden beach is lined with tropical coconut trees.
Heading inland we fly over the McAlister Range and Barron Gorge National Park. We continue our low-level flight over parts of the Wet Tropics World Heritage listed Rainforest. Beneath you lies a sea of green, a mountainous landscape covered in thick vegetation. Rugged granite peaks and mighty wild rivers are features of this southern section of the rainforest. A memorable way to finish a truly spectacular 60 minute helicopter adventure of the Great Barrier Reef. We return to land in Cairns.
- 60 minute scenic reef flight
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers. One infant under the age of 3 may travel on the lap of an adult free of charge.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variance advised at time of booking greater than 10% may incur 100% cancellation fee.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.