Mt Ngungun has a large variety of routes in a relatively small space. For decades, it has been the perfect introductory location for those considering outdoor rock climbing.
Exodus Adventures amazing guides will teach you everything you need to know for the session, from belaying to climbing techniques, as well as taking care of the environment and yourself whilst climbing at the Glass House Mountains. No experience needed, just turn up for a climb!
Session Times and Location:
The activity runs for approximately 4 hours from 8am to 12pm). We’ll meet at the Mt Ngungun carpark, just past Glasshouse Mountains township, at 7:45am. The walk in to the crag takes approximately 10 minutes, making it a great crag for beginners to jump into the climbing scene quickly!
Our guides are highly trained, fully accredited. They’ll teach the safety procedures, give climbing advice, and provide all the gear, including harness, helmet, climbing shoes and all other technical equipment.
What to bring:
Although your guide will provide all the safety gear, you’ll still need to bring a few bits and pieces, including:
· Loose, non-restrictive clothing (tights are perfect). Check the weather forecast prior to the adventure for conditions. The crag is generally exposed, therefore a light jacket is encouraged to protect yourself from wind rain or sun.
· Enclosed footwear such as hiking boots or runners, sturdy enough to handle a rough trail
· A backpack big enough to carry all your gear plus some of the required safety equipment (e.g. ropes)
· 2-3 litres of water, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses
· Your own food and snacks, enough for a lunch break to keep you energised for a 4 hour climbing session
Never done climbing before? Don’t worry – climbing is more about technique than strength! That said, you will need a moderate amount of fitness to get to the
The Fine Print:
· Minimum participant age is 8 years old (participants under 13 can climb only, they require a parent or legal guardian to belay them) and all participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by an parent or legal guardian)
· Participants under 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent to assist them with belaying
· All participants must complete a waiver prior to beginning the activity. Participants under 18 years of age will require a parent or guardian to sign their waiver
· Not recommended during pregnancy
· This activity is subject to minimum and maximum numbers to run. In the event that the minimum number of participants are not available, the activity may be rescheduled.
· In the event of serious weather conditions, the session may be rescheduled
· This activity takes place in Glasshouse Mountains National Park. There are no toilet facilities on or near the mountain, so consider making a pitstop in Glasshouse Mountains township before the activity.