Riding camels against the picturesque backdrop of the beautiful Flinders Peak, on the northern edge of the Scenic Rim Region, is truly a signature South-East Queensland experience.
Located only 45 minutes from Brisbane CBD a unique adventure awaits. Connect with Australian Camels and the Flora and Fauna surrounding Summer Land Camels’ 850 acre farm. On this over one-hour long ride you will see unique Australian animals like kangaroos, birds and if you’re lucky even koalas and other native wildlife. Some riders even reported that they have seen a platypus along our creek banks.
Feel the magic and serenity as you settle into a peaceful ride aboard our gentle ‘camel caravan’, the same mode of transport used by early outback pioneers and enjoy a delicious breakfast at our Homestead Café after your trek. With every Sunrise Trek & Breakfast booking confirmation you’ll also receive a 10% discount code redeemable in our skincare online shop.
This hands-on experience is the ideal adventure and present for every occasion!
- Trek time is from 6:30am to 8:30am – times are estimates only and the ride takes at least 60minutes – Breakfast will be served at our onsite Homestead Café from 9am
- Learn about camels and the art of handling them Help saddling and getting the camels ready for your trek
- Enjoy and connect with Australian camels and the Flora and Fauna surrounding Summer Land Camels’ farm from the camel back
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and coffee in our Homestead Café 10% discount code redeemable in our skincare online shop
- All guests are required to wear closed-in shoes and please wear long pants and dress for cool weather
- Age (4yrs and over) and weight limits apply (max. 100 kg per camel), please see our Terms & Conditions before you book
- Online bookings are essential and please arrive & check-in for your ride 15 mins prior to the booked time
While you are here, you can feed our friendly camels, shop around in our Skincare & Souvenir Shop, visit our Homestead cafe for your delicious breakfast and try our famous Camelcino. All our dairy products are also available for purchase straight from the farm, so bring an esky or a cooler bag.
- Please note: riding in double saddles requires one adult and one child or two children from the same family.
- 6 riders total per booking time, with a maximum of 4 adults.
- No refunds for late arrivals
- Our cancellation policy is 24 hours. If you cancel within 24 hours of the confirmed camel riding time no refund will be provided. Please see our Terms & Conditions.