***** An Awesome Morning With Whalesong
“All the staff was friendly and helpful. Incredible to be so close to the whales and to hear about their habits and migration. Great food. All in all, a wonderful experience. We will definitely book with them again.” Beth H, QLD, September 2020
***** Fabulous Afternoon Out Watching Whales
“From the booking assistance I had via phone, to the overall experience, we give the Whalesong Team a Thumbs Up for a Fab day out on the water. Saw lots of whales, enjoyed afternoon tea and dinner onboard, all included in the very affordable price. Certainly well worth recommending you to friends soon!” Jane C, QLD, October 2020
Whale watching with Whalesong Cruises in Hervey Bay will leave you with cherished memories to last a lifetime.
An ultimate bucket list experience is to watch breaching, pec/tail slapping, spy-hopping, majestic Humpback whales in their natural environment; sometimes so close to the boat you could almost touch them. This experience in Hervey Bay’s calm waters is like no other and on board Whalesong, you can relax and enjoy the entire experience whilst the friendly, experienced and COVID-19 safety trained crew look after you and your friends and family’s needs.
Choose between our Extended Morning (5 hour cruise) or our Afternoon + Sunset (4 hour cruise) Whale Watching experiences. There’s no better cruise than the other nor best time of day for watching whales – they are wild animals and will behave on their terms. You pick the time of day that best suits your plans. Also, there’s no need to worry about what to eat; Whalesong Cruises is the only half day Whale Watch boat tour in Hervey Bay to include meals, representing excellent value for money.
In addition to an incredible experience observing humpback whales in their natural environment, you’ll enjoy a real time commentary about all local marine mammals (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) as well as some local history of K’gari (Fraser Island) and the traditional land owners, the Butchulla people. With our multilingual crew, this live commentary can all be translated directly to you in French, German, Italian, Portugese or Spanish.
Above all, the entire Whalesong team is dedicated to exceptional customer service, so all you need to do is relax and enjoy the authentic, memorable, bucket-list experience unfolding in front of your eyes.
Choose between our Extended Morning (5 hour cruise) or our Afternoon + Sunset (4 hour cruise). In addition, there’s no need to worry about what to eat; Whalesong Cruises is the only half day Whale Watch boat tour in Hervey Bay to include meals. Whether you choose the morning or the afternoon cruise, the crew at Whalesong give you the best Whale Watch experience possible. You’ll be treated to part of your cruise with no other boats around.
Both our cruises include:
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multi level viewing throughout the entire vessel, including water level
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales ‘sing’
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 60% of actual capacity normally, but now fewer due to COVID-19)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND buffet lunch on morning cruise; afternoon tea AND buffet dinner on afternoon cruise. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus transfers from Hervey Bay accommodations (limited availability due to COVID-19)
WHAT TO BRING: your camera (charged batteries), comfortable flat shoes, sunscreen, hat, dress for the day so a jacket if you feel the cold, sunglasses, water bottle, purchases can be made at our fully licensed Bar.
Whalesong’s Extended Morning Cruise… (8am-1pm)
July 18th to October 31st
…will get you out on the Bay & interacting with the whales before the other boats, but still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon if you want to. Of all the morning half-day cruises, ours spends the longest on the whales.
5 hour cruise includes:
– Morning Tea (fruit platter and cakes)
– Buffet Lunch (fresh roasted chicken, ham, three x freshly made salads and fresh bread)
Whalesong’s Afternoon + Sunset Cruise… (2pm-6pm)
July 25th to October 11th
…is great if you want to optimise your time in Hervey Bay as it enables you to fit in a whale watch cruise on the same day you arrive as we’re the latest full-service boat to leave in the afternoon. After the afternoon of whale watching, we enjoy a cruise back taking in a stunning sunset Hervey Bay is known for whilst enjoying a delicious dinner.
4 hour cruise includes:
– Afternoon Tea (cheeses, sliced meats and crackers)
– Buffet dinner (slow cooked meat and vegetarian stews, soup, freshly made salads and fresh bread)
Whichever cruise you choose, you’ll be pleased you chose Whalesong. With our commitment to the environment and sustainable practices, you can feel comfortable knowing your experience is not at the expense of the environment these incredible creatures live in.
Thanks for stopping by!
Team Whalesong Cruises