Enjoy an informative tour of a working sugar mill in North Queensland with the Sampler Pack Tour of the Sarina Sugar Shed. A popular tourist attraction in the Mackay region, Sarina Sugar Shed offers visitors a behind-the-scenes look into a mill to see how the sugar is cut, processed and transformed into some of the popular drinks and treats we enjoy.
The tour will take you around the mill and offer you the chance to taste some of the products created at the mill from the sugar including rum, liqueurs, schnapps, ginger beer, gourmet sauces and fairy floss.
Come of the conclusion of the tour, you’ll be handed a take home sampler pack with some of the popular products including a bottle of alcohol, a bottle of sauce or chutney, and a pack of fudge.
Book your spot on a Sarina Sugar Shed Sampler Pack Tour online today to begin your adventure in the beautiful Mackay region in North Queensland.
This tour is no longer operating & will be removed shortly
- Guided tour
- Produce tasting
- Take Home sampler pack
- The colour, aroma, taste, feel and sounds of the sugar shed and mill in full production creates a heady combination
- The miniature sugar processing & distilling equipment has been sourced from all over the world. Seeing it in action is a delight for all ages
- Produce tasting of rum, liqueurs, schnapps, ginger beer, gourmet sauces and fairy floss
- Discover the growing, harvesting and crushing processes of sugar cane in a fully functioning miniature sugar mill
- See how it is turned into a tantalising array of handmade and sugar-inspired boutique products
- You’ll get to taste sugar in many forms
- Suck on a freshly cut and deliciously sweet sugar cane stalk straight from the paddock, then rich sticky molasses, full of complex earthy flavours
- Next you’ll try different crystallised forms of sugar before tucking into the product tasting with a range of delicious value added sweet treats
- Take Home sampler pack comprising a 1 x 50ml bottle of alcohol, 1 x 250ml bottle of chutney or relish & 1 x 80gm fudge
- Sunday to Saturday (7 days) 9.30am, 11.00am, 12.30pm, 2.00pm
- Field of Dreams Parkland, Railway Square, Sarina, QLD 4737
- Sarina Sugar Shed is situated just off the Bruce Highway, 37 km south of Mackay & 307 km north of Rockhampton
- Child ages are 5-18 years provided they are still at high school inclusive
- Children under 5 years are free
- No tour departures on Public Holidays
- Pensioner/Senior Card holders (ID required on entry)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements