- Departing Hobart, we travel along-side the beautiful River Derwent, Tasmania’s second longest river. Passing the Black Swan breeding ground at Bridgewater. Passing the Historic town of New Norfolk, learn stories of old Tasmania. Learn about the rich farm-land that makes up the Derwent Valley; cherries, hops, raspberries, grapes and more!
- Arriving at Mt Field National Park, explore the visitor centre as we check-in with the rangers. Toilet facilities/cafe available.
- The first walk is the Russell Falls, a 20-30 minute stroll under beautiful Tree-Ferns and lush rainforest. View the tiered waterfalls from 3-view points. Climb some stairs up to the top of Russell Falls for views over the Valley. Visit the second waterfalls, Horse-Shoe falls, a tranquil U-Shape fall, cascading from the forest.
- The trail then leads into the 30-minute Tall Trees Walk. Get up close with the giants of the forest, the Eucalyptus Regnans or Swamp Gums. These are the tallest flowering plants in the world and have been growing since Able Tasman named Tasmania in 1642.
- All up, we aim to spend 2-hours walking these beautiful trail. Before retracing the drive back to Hobart, enjoy a coffee, beer or wine from the visitor centre cafe.