If you’re looking for an unforgettable experience while in Tasmania, this Dove Canyon advanced canyoning experience will provide you with a perfect blend of wilderness, adrenaline and adventure! This canyoning adventure aims to showcase “wild Tasmania” at its best with a thrilling combination of slides, jumps and abseils all buried within a 50m deep quartzite canyon, this will definitely be an experience to write home about! Both the intrepid and adventurous travellers are encouraged to join this tour, and with no previous canyoning or abseiling experience necessary, you’ll be embarking on this incredible adventure in no time. The only thing canyoners require for this advanced tour is a moderate level of physical fitness,, have the ability to swim, and most importantly – bring your sense of adventure!
Please note the tour will be operating from 1st November 2021
- All the specialised gear you need to wear throughout the trip – life jacket, helmet, wetsuit, shoes, gloves and harness for the Dove Canyon
- Tasty lunch is also provided on this tour
- Transport from Launceston
- Dove Canyon canyoning experience will provide you with a perfect blend of wilderness, adrenaline and adventure!
- Thrilling combination of slides, jumps and abseils all buried within a 50m deep quartzite canyon
- Small group tour!
- Tours depart on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9.30am (6-8 hour trip) from the Cradle Mountain Visitor Information Centre
- Only available from November 1st – April 30th
What To Bring
- Something to go under your wetsuit (bathers or undies will suffice. A rash-vest or thermal top if you have them are good).
- Light clothes in which to walk into the canyon. Shorts and t-shirt, or something similar. We walk in in our canyoning shoes, so don’t worry about bringing walking shoes.
- A towel.
- If you require the aid of glasses, you will need to bring a strap to secure them.
- Don’t bring anything valuable with you. The river gods have a taste for jewellery and Swiss watches.
- Minimum age for this tour is 15 years. Swimming ability and decent fitness is required to participate in this experience
- There are rarely occasions where customers are unable to participate on trips due to medical/physical conditions. Customers are strongly encouraged to notify their guides if they have a medical or physical condition prior to the departure of the trip if they have not done so on their booking form. This is for safety reasons – for yourself and others in the group
- You do not need any previous canyoning or abseiling experience, but we recommend customers are physically fit, able to swim and have a great sense of adventure
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher