This Lost World Canyon beginner’s canyoning tour allows you to witness the beauty of the Dove River’s upper section firsthand. This experience will take you on a journey through quaint quartzite gorges, surrounded by a blanket of button-grass, ancient King Billy Pines and if you are lucky you’ll spot some native wandering wombats! This trip is the ideal choice for beginners, families and those who are simply out for a fun yet relaxing adventure through some of Tasmania’s most striking natural scenery.
Tours run for 3 to 4 hours and are conducted twice a day at 8:30am and 1:30pm. All specialised gear and equipment required is supplied by the operator so all you need to bring is swimmers, light walking clothes and a towel. Tours operate every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from the Cradle Mountain Visitor Information Centre and are only available between November and April.
Please note the tour will be operating from 13th December 2021
- All the specialised gear you need to wear throughout the trip – life jacket, helmet, wetsuit, shoes, gloves and harness
- Transport from Launceston
- This tour is all about getting up close and personal with a unique part of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area and gaining an introduction to the world of canyoning
- There are jumps and other challenges, making for a super fun morning or afternoon. All the challenges are optional on this tour, so it is less committing than our full day experiences.
- Tours depart on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 8.30am and 1.30pm from the Cradle Mountain Visitor Information Centre
- Only available from November 1st – April 30th
This tour is 3-4 hours in duration.
What To Bring
- Something to go under your wetsuit (bathers or undies will suffice. A rash-vest or thermal top if you have them are good).
- Light clothes in which to walk into the canyon. Shorts and t-shirt, or something similar. We walk in in our canyoning shoes, so don’t worry about bringing walking shoes.
- A towel.
- If you require the aid of glasses, you will need to bring a strap to secure them.
- Don’t bring anything valuable with you.
- Being able to swim on the Lost World Canyon is desirable, but not required. Customers must be able to swim for the Dove Canyon.
- There are rarely occasions where customers are unable to participate on trips due to medical/physical conditions. Customers are strongly encouraged to notify their guides if they have a medical or physical condition prior to the departure of the trip if they have not done so on their booking form. This is for safety reasons – for yourself and others in the group.
- We recommend this trip for beginners, families and those who are out for a fun, relaxing adventure.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher