Learn to freedive with Elite PADI Master Freedive Instructor, Marlon Quinn.
Become a freediver on this one-day tailored freediving course. Your skills and techniques will be honed with an instructor who learned to freedive with the best freedivers in the world, including World Champions and record holders Umberto Pelizzari and Stavros Kastrinakis.
The PADI Basic Freediver course is where everyone begins, it is the core foundation course and makes up the first half of the level one PADI Freediver training. You MUST be able to swim and be in good physical health to make sure you gain the most from the course. Start right away, you don’t need to train for it or have experience with snorkelling, skin diving or freediving.
The PADI Basic Freediver is your chance to experience what freediving is all about. This base certification course is for each of you that wants to experience the underwater discipline of freediving with ease, learning relaxation and breathing techniques and to “look inside yourself”, searching for the wellness provided by freediving. You will begin to discover the beauty and harmony of freediving.
As the way to begin your PADI Freediver certification, this is the perfect start for casual skindivers, snorkellers, spearfishing enthusiasts and scuba divers to begin learning core foundations to take with you anywhere in the world. Once completed, you can then join the PADI Freediver Training open water dives (booked separately) to complete your level one status.
- On-line PADI Freediver Touch interactive self-paced learning
- Classroom theory and practical breathing & relaxation skills
- Pool training for static, dynamic and rescue techniques
- E-learning in your own time before the course (allow up to 10 hours)
- 4-6pm Classroom theory and practical breathing & relaxation skills
- 6-9pm Pool training for static, dynamic and rescue techniques
- Small groups (4-8)
- Tailored approach for individual aims
- Elite PADI Master Freediver Instructor with over 5 years experience and 400+ students
- Successful completion results in certification as PADI Basic Freediver, recognised worldwide
Terms & Conditions:
- Courses are held in Cheltenham, VIC
- Directions to Cheltenham Theory Venue
- Directions to Cheltenham Pool Venue
- All Students must be minimum 14 years of age
- Please arrive at the theory venue 15 minutes before commencement time to ensure you have enough time to check in and get settled
- Please dress comfortably
- Please bring a bag with your swimmers, 5mm wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, weightbelt, a towel and your own re-usable water bottle. Rental equipment is available.
- Guests must be able to swim. Courses do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Instructor retains the right to refuse participation in which case your attendance is forfeited
- Guests with back, neck, or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised not to participate, or do so at their own risk
- A Diver’s Medical Statement and Questionnaire must be submitted to attend the course
- A diving medical (AS4005.1) may be required prior to commencement of the course
- All participants under the age of 18 years must have a parent/guardian sign all applicable waiver/medical forms
- At least one 90 second static breath-hold attempt and 25m underwater dynamic swim must be performed
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the venue / pool and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice