Escape Melbourne City for the day and visit the tranquil forest of the Dandenong Ranges. This private day tour will take visitors on a scenic drive through the forest with a stop at William Ricketts Sanctuary. View the unique sculptures of Aboriginal people and learn more about the culture here before stopping to enjoy a delicious restaurant lunch.
In the afternoon, take an easy walk through the ancient forest and keep your eyes peeled for Lyrebirds that tiptoe through the forest. See eucalyptus and towering fern trees before returning back to Melbourne. This full day tour is exclusively available for three guests only and departs Melbourne at 10.30am and returning at 4.30pm.
Please Note: Due to health and safety considerations relating to COVID-19, only private tours are offered for either a single person or a couple. The tour vehicle is a 5 seater SUV, and having only up to 2 customers will provide some social distance between the tour guide/driver and customers who will be sitting in the back seat.
- Dandenong Ranges Tour
- Discover the unique sculptures of Aboriginal people in the tranquility of the forest
- Learn about Aboriginal culture and spirituality at the William Ricketts Sanctuary
- Enjoy a wholesome and healthy lunch at a cosy and homely restaurant
- Explore the majestic eucalyptus and fern tree forest on a leisurely walk, and soak in the sights and sounds in nature
- Personal and intimate guided tour (maximum 3 people per group)
- This tour departs at 10am and returns at approximately 4.30pm
- The Dandenong Ranges are located less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne City
- Please allow approximately 6.5 hours for this experience
- This tour departs in front of St Paul’s Cathedral on Flinders St, Melbourne CBD
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Appropriate clothing to the suit the weather
- Hat in summer
- Water bottle
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of purchase
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher