Depart Melbourne & travel eastwards to the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges where you’ll step back in time with a memorable journey on the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train. Maintained in mint condition by dedicated volunteers, the century-old steam train still runs on its own mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook, through the heart of the delightful Sherbrooke Forest.
Alighting from the train, we’ll travel onwards to the multi-award winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Here, we enjoy a guided wildlife walk where we have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus & wallabies, as well as some of our lesser known favourites including quolls, owls, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils.
Arriving on Phillip Island & we’ll visit Point Grant from where you can take in spectacular panoramic views of The Nobbies & Seal Rocks while strolling the coastal boardwalks.
And then it’s onwards to the main event, where just after dark every night the world’s smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your guide will ensure you are able to get the very best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade.
Please note this tour is currently unavailable
- One-way journey on Puffing Billy from Belgrave to Menzies Creek
- Entry & guided tour of the animal exhibits at Moonlit Sanctuary
- Standard entry at Penguin Parade
- Friendly & informative driver-guide
- Return transfers in air-conditioned comfort
- Complimentary on-board Wi-FI
- Upgrade to Penguins Plus viewing platform/ Penguin Plus Underground (must be pre-booked)
- Ride onboard the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Visit the multi-award winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies
- Meet many species of native Australian animals such as emus, wallabies, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils
- Explore the boardwalks of Point Grant, for views of The Nobbies & Seal Rocks
- Get up close to Phillip Island’s most famous residents at the world-famous Penguin Parade
- Tours depart from 9.00am – 10.00am (April to October) and 10.00am – 11.00am (November to March)
- Tours return between 9.00pm – midnight depending on the season
What To Bring
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Luggage restricted to a small day pack
- Hotel pick up information is required to confirm the booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change due to weather and road conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please keep the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher