As the largest open-air market found in the Southern Hemisphere, the Queen Victoria Market is the heart of Melbourne and is the one-stop destination for food, shops, culture and heritage. Whether you’re visiting Melbourne or native to the city, the Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour is an amazing package to dive into the many tastes, flavours and vendors of the esteemed marketplace.
On your guided 90-minute wander through the heritage-listed market food halls, you will visit some of the Market’s best food traders, indulging in an abundance of food as you go. On the menu is the freshest seafood, handmade pasta, specialty cheese, cured meats and delicious antipasto. You’ll round off your visit with a glass of Victorian wine, a seasonal fruit platter and one of Melbourne’s famous food icons, a hot jam doughnut.
You will discover amazing stories about the Market’s history, learn secret shopping tips and get to know some of the most beloved traders who have built the Queen Victoria Market into the ultimate destination for foodies.
Tours depart on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 10am. Don’t miss out on exploring one of the most coveted markets in all of Australia – if not the world!
- Closed until further notice
- 90 Minute tour with 10 tastings
- Knowledgeable tour guide
- Queen Victoria Market shopping bag
- $5 General Merchandise Market shopping voucher
- Melbourne’s famous hot jam doughnut
- A glass of Victorian wine
- The Queen Victoria Market is famous for fresh produce and speciality shopping. Experience the Market at its liveliest on a guided walking tour
- Eat some of the best food the Queen Victoria Market has to offer
- Discover amazing stories about the Market’s history
- Learn secret shopping tips and get to know some of the market’s most beloved traders
- Your guide will uncover the heritage and culture of the market and you’ll meet the people and hear the events that have shaped the market since 1878
- This ultimate Foodie Tour has been designed to highlight the best and most distinctive foods from our market traders. Unfortunately, we cannot provide food substitutions
- Tastings are based on seasonality and availability however typically include Coffin Bay oysters, grilled peppered kangaroo, pickled octopus, local goats’ milk cheese, fresh dolmades and Victorian olives
- Finish the tour with one of Melbourne’s famous food icons, a hot jam doughnut and a glass of Victorian wine
- Departs at 10am on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Tours depart from 65 Victoria Street, Melbourne VIC
- This tour runs with a maximum of 10 – 15 participants per guide
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you