This fare price is a (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Single Room, for those looking for a bit more privacy. Not suitable for children 17 years and under.
TOUR CODE: MA2-S — Standard Motel Accommodation (Single Room SU)
OPERATES: Mon (Apr-Oct) / Mon, Fri (Nov-Mar)
TOUR DURATION: 2 Days / 1 Night
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Immigration Museum – 400 Flinders St, corner of Market St Melbourne @ 7:35am.
- An overland journey from Melbourne to Adelaide
- Drive the famous National Heritage Listed Great Ocean Road
- Photo at Memorial Arch and Great Ocean Road sign
- Australian native wildlife, flora and fauna
- Enjoy a guided walk through the ancient Great Otway National Park
- See the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Razorback & Island Archway
- Overnight stay in the Grampians heart Halls Gap
- Explore the Grampians National Park via hiking and walking trails
- Relax at the base of the spectacular Mackenzie Falls
- Panoramic views from Reeds, Boroka and The Balconies lookouts
Experience stunning scenery on this two-day journey through a diverse range of natural wonders. From the wild shipwreck coastline of Loch Ard Gorge, to limestone cliffs at the Twelve Apostles. Or ancient mountain views in Grampians National Park, in search of wildlife, waterfalls and that Australian bush landscape rich in indigenous culture.
Day 1: Melbourne – Halls Gap
Enjoy stunning scenery of the Great Ocean Road and discover the remarkable rock formations of the iconic 12 Apostles. Learn about the tragic tale of the shipwreck coast, visit the hidden beach of Loch Ard Gorge and stop along the way to search for native Australian wildlife. You will discover some of the world’s tallest trees as you explore the ancient and beautiful rainforest of the Great Otway National Park. Meals: N/A. Accom: Gariwerd Motel or similar (ensuite bathroom facilities). Driving Distance: 520km.
Day 2: Halls Gap – Adelaide
On the second day wake up to amazing views and kangaroos of the Grampians National Park, an area rich in Aboriginal culture and set in a beautiful and rugged landscape. The Grampians bushland is surrounded by an abundance of Australian flora and fauna and the hiking trails and waterfalls will surely leave a lasting impression! After an incredible 2 days exploring the coastline and mountain ranges, we make our way through to Adelaide, arriving around 7:30pm. Meals: Breakfast. Accom: N/A. Driving Distance: 510km. Hike Distance: 2km.
- One-way transfer from Melbourne to Adelaide
- 1 Nights’ private motel accommodation – with ensuite (Halls Gap)
- Includes: 1 x Breakfast
- National Park entry fees
- Guided walks (~2km total)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned small group travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING
1 Litre Water Bottle, 15kg soft luggage or small overnight bag, Any medications you usually take, Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions, Warm jacket, thermals (advisable for the colder months), Sturdy comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread, Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, Swimmers, towel & toiletries, Camp torch/headlamp, Camera.
This fare price is a (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Single Room, for those looking for a bit more privacy. Not suitable for children 17 years and under. Private accommodation upgrades are available on a different product listing, subject to availability.
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- A moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks.Walks can be up to 2km in length, often over steep and rocky sections and in direct sunlight. Length of walks may vary and will be at the guide’s discretion.
- A similar alternative will be provided should our normal scheduled stops be closed for any reason.
- Limited storage space on our buses, acceptable baggage 1 x 15-20kg bag and 1 small day pack.
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.
- Blockout period or limited accommodation upgrade availability from 25DEC-08FEB and 09APR-14APR.