Enjoy an amazing moment with the little penguins and other sea creatures of the island.
- After your Perth city accommodation pickup travel south through suburbia in an air-conditioned coach to travel to Rockingham area. Take a short ferry ride across Shoalwater Bay to Penguin Island to see the star attraction – the little penguins- the smallest species in the world in their habitat & home away from home. Penguin Island has many geographical features, such as cliffs, small sea caves, headlands, beaches, coves, notches and natural bridges. There are also numerous wave-cut platforms. Significant areas of Penguin Island include North Rock, Pelican Bluff, North Beach, McKenzies Well, South Beach, Abalone Point, and Surfers Beach
- Explore the Island and the marine park, which abounds with other wildlife including wild dolphins, sea lions, stingrays, pelicans, king skinks and over 50 species of seabirds.
- Relax, near the crystal clear waters of Shoalwater Bay or enjoy a short walk on the island (time permitting).
- Visit the Penguin Discovery Centre to catch the exciting morning Penguin Feed show where the little fairy penguins are fed fresh fish individually by the islands rangers in their specially built enclosure.
- Keep an eye out for nesting pelicans & other seabirds up close especially September & October when their chicks are hatching.
- Take photos of these little penguins. Roam around for a while before we board the ferry to return to the mainland. Enjoy the freshness of nature, the ocean waves and sound of nature.
- Choose to be dropped at the doorstep of your accommodation or other location within Perth CBD and Northbridge.
Optional Extra – Experience an exhilarating 45-minute Glass Bottom Boat Cruise at 11.15 am to meet the penguins and sea lions. If you’re lucky you may even spot a dolphin or two. Adults $20 per person, Children $15 per child.
Note: Penguin Island is closed from 2 June to 14 September (Please check tour availability before booking)