- Tour Information
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Current Hotel Taxes and Service Charges
- Meals, unless expressly states
- Professionally guided tour
- Medical insurance and emergency insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- 2 Nights Studio room, Breakfree Resort Great Sandy Straights, Hervey Bay
- 3 Nights Wallum Resort Hotel Room, King Fisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island including : 1 Free Night : Hot buffet breakfast daily : Half Day Morning Whale Watch Cruise including morning tea and National Park fees (this cruise will be booked on Day 3 of stay unless otherwise specified) : Full Day 4WD Ranger guided Beauty Spot Eco Tour of Fraser Island including morning or afternoon tea, lunch and National Park fees (this tour will be booked on Day 2 of stay unless otherwise specified) : Return passenger ferry transfers ex Hervey Bay.
- 24/7 support while you are away.
Fraser Island stretches over 123 kilometres in length and 22 kilometres at its widest point. With an area of 184 000 hectares it is the largest sand island in the world.
Fraser island is a place of exceptional beauty, with its long uninterrupted white beaches flanked by strikingly coloured sand cliffs, and over 100 freshwater lakes, some tea-coloured and others clear and blue all ringed by white sandy beaches. Ancient rainforests grow in sand along the banks of fast-flowing, crystal-clear creeks.
Fraser Island is the only place in the world where tall rainforests are found growing on sand dunes at elevations of over 200 metres. The low “wallum” heaths on the island are of particular evolutionary and ecological significance, and provide magnificent wildflower displays in spring and summer.
The immense sand blows and cliffs of coloured sands are part of the longest and most complete age sequence of coastal dune systems in the world and they are still evolving. They are a continuous record of climatic and sea level changes over the last 700 000 years. The highest dunes on the island reach up to 240 metres above sea level.
The allure of year-round water activities, untouched swimming beaches and seriously fresh seafood are all part of Hervey Bay’s unique charm. Combine all this with the picturesque Urangan Pier, the easygoing nature of its locals, and the town’s proximity to the UNESCO-listed Fraser Island it’s easy to understand why tourists flock to Hervey Bay and keep coming back.
More about this tour
Valid for 15 Aug to 31 Oct.
- Additional nights and people are available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request and subject to availability.
For peace of mind, our new Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
Due to the current travel climate relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic, here’s what we want you to know about cancellations and how we’re trying to help you feel comfortable in your decision to travel with Australian.com. First and foremost, we’ve reduced your booking deposit from 50% of the total cost of travel to only 25% of the total cost of travel to make the booking decision and process easier for you.
Due to the extensive effort our Travel Concierges and back office staff make to ensure your travel is as perfect as can be, if you need to cancel or reschedule your travel we will have to impart a minimum administrative and cancellation charge of up to $250 per person. However, 100% of that administrative fee can be credited to any future travel you book through Tasmania.com within a 18 month period.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per person per package.
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- A fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel.
- Additional supplier fees may apply, subject to cancellation date.