- Tour Information
- Tour Plan
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Breakfast included
- Entry to museums and activities as part of the itinerary
- Expert guided tours of important places and activities
- First class or best available hotels in the area
- Meals, unless expressly states
- Professionally guided tour
- Internal flights within Australia
- Medical insurance and emergency insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
Katherine Gorge • Litchfield National Park • Mary River • Edith Falls • Yellow Water Billabong
This complete top end package includes
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- 4 Full Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners with wine, 1 Local Dining Experience.
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- A maximum of 22 guests to share your journey
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers ( Please see note below )
- Thu 6 May – Mon 10 May
- Thu 13 May – Mon 17 May – Definite Departure
- Thu 20 May – Mon 24 May
- Thu 27 May – Mon 31 May
- Thu 3 Jun – Mon 7 Jun
- Thu 10 Jun – Mon 14 Jun – Definite Departure
- Thu 17 Jun – Mon 21 Jun
- Thu 24 Jun – Mon 28 Jun
- Thu 1 Jul – Mon 5 Jul
- Thu 8 Jul – Mon 12 Jul – Definite Departure
- Thu 15 Jul – Mon 19 Jul
- Thu 22 Jul – Mon 26 Jul – Definite Departure
- Thu 29 Jul – Mon 2 Aug
- Thu 5 Aug – Mon 9 Aug – Definite Departure
- Thu 12 Aug – Mon 16 Aug
- Thu 19 Aug – Mon 23 Aug – Definite Departure
- Thu 26 Aug – Mon 30 Aug
- Thu 2 Sep – Mon 6 Sep – Definite Departure
- Thu 9 Sep – Mon 13 Sep
- Thu 16 Sep – Mon 20 Sep
- Thu 23 Sep – Mon 27 Sep
- Thu 30 Sep – Mon 4 Oct – Definite Departure
- Thu 7 Oct – Mon 11 Oct
*Due to early departure from Darwin and late return, 1 night pre and post tour accommodation may be required. Please contact us for details.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Darwin — Litchfield National Park – Mary River
Welcome to Darwin! This morning meet your Journey Director and board your luxury 4WD vehicle to begin your journey of discovery in the Top End. Travel across the Finniss River to Litchfield National Park. You'll visit tumbling Florence Falls and you'll also enjoy a swim to cool off at Wangi Falls, surrounded by tropical monsoon rainforest and hear about its importance in Aboriginal custom before stopping for lunch. Get ready for a cross-country journey via the unsealed Marrakai Track (seasonally accessible), through cattle stations and back country to The Mary River region. You'll arrive at Wildman Wilderness Lodge, where you’ll stay in private permanent safari tents. Situated in the Mary River Wetlands and renowned for its incredible wildlife, the property seamlessly combines comfort and chic with the beauty of the surrounding landscape. Enjoy a beverage while the sun sets over the floodplains and after dinner maybe sit back with a nightcap by the fire pit.
Accommodation plus lunch and welcome dinner with wine
Mary River – Kakadu
Wake up to the evocative sounds of the floodplains. Next stop is Australia’s largest National Park – Kakadu. World Heritage listed, as both a cultural and natural sanctuary, Kakadu National Park is an Australian icon. Join your Journey Director on a walk at Kakadu’s stunning Ubirr rock art site. You'll see ancient rock art and take a walk to discover remarkable views over the surrounding wetlands and escarpments from the fantastic vantage point, Nadab lookout. After lunch there’s a chance to take to the air an optional scenic flight over Kakadu. One of the best ways to experience the enormity of this wonderful National Park. The famous Yellow Waters Billabong boat cruise will be a highlight of your journey. You will see a myriad of different bird species, spot estuarine crocodiles and simply enjoy the stunning billabong and floodplains system. Later you will check in to your hotel where the buildings are shaped to represent a crocodile – the region’s most famous resident! Relax and unwind with a refreshing dip in the hotel’s shaded outdoor pool or even wander through the on-site art gallery before enjoying a delicious dinner with wine.
Accommodation plus breakfast, lunch and dinner with wine
Kakadu – Katherine Gorge
This morning you’ll visit Nourlangie to see its fascinating Aboriginal rock art for yourself. You’ll also hear first-hand from your Journey Director a detailed interpretation of the art and the rich Aboriginal culture as you explore the various outdoor ‘galleries' with art that dates back some 20,000 years. You will continue driving through the ancient lands of Kakadu National Park through to the town of Katherine and further on to Nitmiluk National Park. Indulge in five-star luxury at Cicada Lodge, a stunning architect designed eco-lodge surrounded by nature, where each room has a private balcony that opens to the glories of Nitmiluk National Park. Cool off from the heat of the day while enjoy a swim in the pool as the sunsets before a beautiful dinner.
Accommodation plus breakfast, lunch and dinner with wine
Today immerse yourself as you meet Manual Pamkal who will welcome you with a traditional welcoming tune on the didgeridoo. Manual was born and raised immersed in his rich traditional culture. He’ll share with you stories of growing up in the bush and teach you the fine art of rarrk painting using a special brush from a reed called Julk. Call up the inner artist within you and paint your own masterpiece to take home! You will enjoy lunch back on the deck of Cicada Lodge overlooking this natural surrounding before having a free afternoon to relax. This evening indulge on a special sunset dinner cruise along Katherine River. You’ll marvel at the gorges while you spot wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local Jawoyn people. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance during the candle-lit three course dinner cook on board your boat.
Accommodation plus breakfast, lunch and local dining expereince
Katherine – Farewell from Darwin
Enjoy a lay in or get up early to enjoy the National Park completely immersed in the mystical morning light. Travel north along the Stuart Highway stopping at the gorgeous Edith Falls the way for a relaxing dip and some lunch. Continue to Adelaide River War Cemetery. During WWII, Adelaide River was the headquarters to a large military base and a large cemetery was created especially for those who gave their lives in the service and defence of their country. Your Inspiring Journey concludes on arrival in Darwin.
Breakfast and lunch are included on your final day
More about this tour
Valid for travel on set departure dates until October 2021
- This tour is operated by our partners AATKings.
- All bookings are on request basis.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per person.( Single traveller rates also available )
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- A deposit will be required to secure your booking. Our travel concierge team will advise you of this amount at time of booking.
- Australian.com fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel. Local vendors may also charge their own fee up to 100% subject to cancellation date.