- Tour Information
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Car Hire and insurance
- Current Hotel Taxes and Service Charges
- Professionally guided tour
- Internal flights within Australia
- Medical insurance and emergency insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- 7 Nights in a 1 Bedroom Studio at Mantra Portsea, Port Douglas
- Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise including : Return Poseidon cruise from Port Douglas : Visit 3 spectacular reef sites : Morning tea : Hot and cold buffet lunch : Use of snorkelling equipment : Afternoon tea : Reef interpretation talk.
- Cape Tribulation Tour including : Coach transfers from accommodation : Afternoon tea : Cape Tribulation beach and boardwalk : Mossman Gorge Centre including Indigenous presentation and guided walk : Lunch in a rainforest setting : Daintree River Cruise
- 8 Days Medium size rental car with unlimited Km’s
- 24/7 support while you are away.
- A $7 per person Environmental Management Charge payable on the day of the cruise
- Scuba Diving out on the reef (payable on the day of the tour)
Cairns is the 4th most popular destination for international visitors. It is situated on a coastal strip between the Atherton Tableland (part of the Great Dividing Range) and the Coral Sea.
Cairns is a major gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. It is the departure point for many day trips to the Atherton Tableland, Kuranda and the Daintree Tropical Rainforest. Flying into Cairns, one is struck by the lush tropical vegetation contrasting with the bright blue of the Coral Sea.There is a wide range of hotels in Cairns, both in the city itself, and along the northern beaches heading to Port Douglas.
The Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest feature made up of living organisms. Stretching 2,600 kilometres (1,600 miles) down the north east coast of Queensland, Australia, the Great Barrier Reef can be seen clearly from outer space.
Consisting of more than 900 islands and 2,900 individual reefs, it cannot be experienced by strapping on a mask, snorkel and fins and taking a casual swim from the beach.
The Daintree Rainforest has some of the most beautiful birds and the largest crocodiles you will ever see. The Daintree Rainforest is the oldest tropical rainforest on earth, and is the home of one of the oldest Aboriginal cultures. It is a World Heritage Protected eco destination, and can be visited by any number of day trips from Cairns or Port Douglas.
More about this tour
Valid for travel from 15 Aug to 31 Mar
- Additional nights and people are available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request and subject to availability.
For peace of mind, our new Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
Due to the current travel climate relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic, here’s what we want you to know about cancellations and how we’re trying to help you feel comfortable in your decision to travel with Australian.com. First and foremost, we’ve reduced your booking deposit from 50% of the total cost of travel to only 25% of the total cost of travel to make the booking decision and process easier for you.
Due to the extensive effort our Travel Concierges and back office staff make to ensure your travel is as perfect as can be, if you need to cancel or reschedule your travel we will have to impart a minimum administrative and cancellation charge of up to $250 per person. However, 100% of that administrative fee can be credited to any future travel you book through Tasmania.com within a 18 month period.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per person per package.
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- Room upgrades available for additional costs. Please contact up for further details.
- A fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel.
- Additional supplier fees may apply, subject to cancellation date.