Time and time again the Best of Wildlife tour impresses those who choose to take part. A half day, afternoon tour, we travel at the best time of the day to see some of Australia’s unique animals in the wild.
The tour begins with pickup at your accommodation before a half hour to 40-minute journey through the rural surrounds of Canberra to the Deep Space Tracking Station at Tidbinbilla. Here you’ll learn about the significant role played by our telescopes in the Apollo missions and first moon landing as well as current day deep space tracking.
From the Deep Space Tracking Station, we’ll travel the short distance to the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve where some of Australia’s most iconic native animals living in the wild. Through the reserve we’ll hopefully witness and get close to:
- Colourful parrots and other birds
After hopefully spotting platypus towards the end of the tour, you’ll enjoy the 30-40 minute tour back into your accommodation.
- Approximately 4-hour tour from pickup to drop off in comfortable tour vehicle. Approximately 1pm pickup winter months, 3pm pickup summer months.
- Stops at the Deep Space Tracking Station at Tidbinbilla.
- Several stops inside the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve to get up and close to different animals.
- Drive through the Hinterland close to the south-west of Canberra.
- Entry to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve included in price.
- International visitors who want to witness some of Australia’s classic and unique wildlife in typical south-east mountain bushland.
- Avid photographers, both novice and expert who want to document some amazing wildlife and wilderness.
*This tour requires a gentle level of walking.