Explore the beautiful Brunswick River in New South Wales on a guided kayak nature tour with a lovely riverside picnic included! Marvel at the huge variety of bird life and wildlife along the way.
The Brunswick River is one of the region’s best kept secrets – just 15 minutes from Byron Bay and the best way to explore it is on a kayak tour. Knowledgeable guides will provide interesting commentary along the way talking about the history of the region and the aboriginal culture.
Paddlers will be surprised by the abundance of fish, turtles and rays that you will encounter throughout the leisurely kayak. A riverside picnic is included and there is even time for a swim if you wish. No fitness or prior experience is required and even non-swimmers can participate.
To secure your spot on this guided nature kayak tour of Brunswick River book online today!
- 2.5 hour guided tour
- Snacks, drinks and riverside picnic
- Free photos for download
- Secure storage
- All safety gear
- Wetsuits for winter months
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Hotel transfers from selected locations
- The Brunswick River is one of the most beautiful river systems in New South Wales, and is one of the Byron Shire’s best-kept secrets. Brunswick Heads is a beautiful coastal village, situated only 15 minutes drive north of Byron Bay
- Kayak along peaceful waters where the only interruption will be from singing local sea birds and wildlife. Marvel at the abundance of fish, turtles and rays as the knowledgeable guides share stories of history and aboriginal culture.
- Relax on the riverbank, have a riverside picnic, swim and take in the beauty of the natural surroundings
- The departure time varies daily due to the changing tidal system, however please see estimated departure times below
- Monday 6:30am-8:30am
- Tuesday 7:00am-9:00am
- Wednesday 7:30am-9:30am
- Thursday 8:00am-10:00am
- Friday 8:30am-10:30am
- Saturday 9:00am-11:00am
- Sunday 9:30am-11:30pm
- 38 South Beach Road Brunswick Heads
- Capacity: 52 people
- Average Water Temp: Sept-May is 24 degrees
- Average Water Temp : June-August is 21 degrees
- Level of Fitness Required: Low, this is a very easy tour
- Participants at Risk: People with lower back problems, women more then 16 wks pregnant
- Support Options Available: We can supply back – rests to some kayaks if required. We can also pair people up with some of our guides as well (limited option)
- Non Swimmers can participate
- We aim to run this tour in the best conditions possible. We schedule tours daily to start one hour before high tide in the river to give our customers the best water conditions to enjoy. Please contact us for any tour departure times
- We also have Sunrise, Sunset and Full Moon options available for this tour dependant on tides. Feel free to enquire any time for these options
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher