Experience the best views of Byron Bay from the air with an awesome hang gliding experience over cape Byron! The sport of **hang gliding** is as exciting as it is fun and we are able to share a tandem **hang gliding flight in Byron Bay** with you to enjoy the excellent soaring conditions found around Lennox Headland Reserve and the Byron Bay National Park. Feel the thrill of soaring gracefully through the sky as you get truly epic views of the coastline including the iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse and much more.
The flight is with your instructor and is an introductory tandem flight which lasts for 30 minutes. You are joined up as a HGFA member which gives you trainee membership an allows you to enjoy a tandem flight with third party liability insurance for a further 4 months if you wish to take more flights or lessons. Before launching with your instructor, you will be given a briefing and explanation on and about hang gliding, it’s as easy as that. Whilst soaring in your **hang glider**, keep an eye out for the popular **Byron Bay** dolphins, turtles or white breasted sea eagles, you may even see a humpback whale or two if the season is right.
Flights operate daily if the weather permits from Tallow Ridge at Cape Byron Headland. Passengers are asked to wear light, comfortable clothing and footwear and are allowed to bring small cameras with hand straps on the flight.
- Must be under 90kg to fly
- Minimum age 10 years
- 30 minute Tandem Hang Gliding flight in Byron Bay
- Full briefing from your instructor
- All equipment
- Your first tandem flight can truly give you that feeling of freedom like only a quiet hang-glider can and no prior experience is needed
- We have been flying over the ridges and soaring above the cliffs at the famous Cape Byron Lighthouse
- A safe and beautiful tandem flight with your experienced instructor over Byron Bay’s scenic coastal National Park
- Operates daily. On the day of your tandem flight the tour operator will contact you at approximately 9am for a weather check and to arrange a time that suits you
- Tallow Ridge, Cape Byron Headland. (Near Byron Lighthouse)
What To Bring
- Please wear light clothing and footwear
- You are welcome to bring your own camera into the air, however SLR cameras are too large and please make sure there is a hand strap so we can fix it to our special cord attached to the harness. The camera has a place inside the harness which is easily accessed with your right hand.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the flight
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher