Two Days: 8:00 am Day 1 – 5:00 pm Day 2
Bush Survival Skills are essential for anyone who ventures out bush, be it alone or with friends.
This overnight survival course is for people who want to feel confident exploring wilderness regions.
It is not a course for people who enjoy deprivation. It will teach you how to avoid embarrassing or even life threatening situations.
- Survival theory/philosophy
- What to pack in an emergency kit
- Strategies for self rescue
- Techniques for signalling outside assistance
- Find, collect and purify water
- Techniques to shelter from the elements
- light fires without matches
- Improvised first aid
- Navigate using the sun and stars
- Introduction to building traps and snares
- Techniques to survive in different environments
You will also receive a booklet of essential Bush Survival knowledge and tips.
Our Bush Survival, Bush Tucker and Navigation courses are led by our experienced team of outdoor guides.
You get to learn from the skills they have developed to stay alive while walking, climbing, canyoning and skiing in the Australian Bush and Snowy Mountains.
Their experience also extends to mountaineering in Alaska, Europe, South and Central America and the Himalayas.