A two day wilderness course that teaches participants essential outdoor skills – the ability to travel through the bush, the hills and mountains using a map, compass and navigation skills.
This is an informative, adventurous and very practical outdoor experience suitable for complete beginners or those with some prior experience. Learn all about navigation, orienteering, using maps, compasses, GPS and emergency methods using the sun and stars. Fully qualified Instructors will show the way & ensure that at the end of this course you will know your own way!
This course will teach you the necessary skills required to:
- Navigate on & off track with a map & compass
- Understand the features of topographic maps
- Use & maintain an orienteering compass
- Understand the Global Positioning System and use GPS devices
- Plan and prepare for off track walking
- A keen sense of Adventure!
- Bushwalking experience advantageous but not necessary!
- Australia’s most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunches
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
We meet each day at 166 Katoomba Street, Katoomba (the ASM office) at around 08:45 and we finish each day at around 16:45.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.