Key Highlights and Inclusions:
- Two hour guided cultural walk around the foreshore of Narooma with First Nations guide and Yuin Nation Traditional Owner, Lynne Thomas
- Learn a song in local Yuin language
- Gain insight into the Dreamtime and what enormous significance this has for First Nations people
- Immerse yourself in nature and learn about why looking after Country is so important to First Nations peoples
- Please note a minimum of 6 passengers are required to run this tour and a maximum of 16 passengers.
WHO: ALL AGES, UNDER 5’S ARE FREE
HOW LONG: 2 HOURS
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 12 noon
INCLUDED: 2 hour guided walk with Aboriginal Yuin Guide
BRING: JACKET FOR COOLER WEATHER AND COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES SUITABLE FOR ALL TERRAINS
- Meet at the Narooma Visitor Information Centre for a traditional Welcome to Country.
- Wagonga Inlet foreshore Walk – follow the walking path along the foreshore of the Wagonga Inlet an area historically important for the Yuin people who are “Salt Water People”
- Bar Rock Lookout and Australia Rock – Learn about DreamTime stories unique to this region
- Mill Bay Boardwalk – Marvel at Mother Nature and stop to learn a song in the local Yuin language
Malleema Aboriginal Cultural Tours is a 100% Aboriginal owned company. The stories told have been passed down from generation to generation and as a local Yuin Traditional Owner Lynne Thomas has permission to tell these ancient stories. Maleema is the name given to Lynne by her father and means Wild Bush Spirit Woman.
Malleema Aboriginal Cultural Tours acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which we live and work and pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
WE ARE 100% ABORIGINAL OWNED AND OPERATED