What you will do on the Manly snorkel tour experience?
Come and meet the famous and endangered Blue Groper population along with a range of temperate east coast marine species. See Australia’s diverse East Coast marine wildlife in their natural environment of sea grass meadows, sandy bottom, and rocky reefs within the protected Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve, Shelly Beach Manly. Search for local and transient marine species with your local guide in a fun and safe environment. Tours are suitable for beginners and experienced snorkelers. Must be able to swim 50m freestyle and float to join the group tour.
Meet your friendly and fun eco guide at Shelly Beach. In your small group of maximum 8 people you will safely and confidently explore the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve. We first walk the Shelly Beach Headland loop trail which takes 30min and is a 800m walk with easy gradient. Amazing views from the headland, you can spot Whales (May-Nov), birds and other wildlife on the walk. On the interpretative guided walk your guide will educate you about the wildlife and coastal environment of Sydney Northern beaches.
After the headland walk your guide will set you up with all your snorkel gear and wetsuit. There are change rooms at Shelly Beach and secure storage in our vehicle. Then it’s time to for the 1 hour snorkel exploration of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve. The entry in to the water is very easy from the beach.
- Interpretive guided tour with an experienced local
- 1 hour guided snorkel tour of Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- All equipment and wetsuits included
- Safety brief and snorkel tips provided
- Headland nature walk with great view of the Northern Beaches (25mins) approx 800m easy gradient
- Photos package available
- Learn about the diverse wildlife of the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Search for endangered species like Blue Groper in their natural habitat and the 200 + other fish species, invertebrates and algae’s
- Discover the Australian coastal culture of Manly from your local guide
- Visit famous Manly Beach and Shelly Beach
Shelly Beach which is a 20-25minute walk from Manly Wharf. Catch the Manly ferry from Circular Quay, Sydney City to Manly Wharf. Ferry ride takes 30mins. Public ferry cost one way Adult $7.20, Child $3.60. Paid parking available at Bower St council car park.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimming gear
- Drink bottle
- Warm clothes
Mandatory: Participants must be able to swim 50m free style unassisted, float and tread water to join the snorkel tour. No refunds for non swimmers on the day.
Public Group Tours and private tours run everyday at 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm(Oct-Apr) & winter afternoon session 1:30pm(May-Sep) with minimum 2 and maximum 8 people (excluding black out dates).
Booking deadline is 2 hours before the tour. Private tours available by request.
+61 415 121 648