Enjoy a guided historical walking tour of Sydney’s beautiful The Rocks, with this fantastic Pubs and History Tour. With the assistance of your local guide, enjoy unique stories of convicts, settlers, bars and military coup. Coincidentally called the “When Rum Ran The Rocks” tour you only need one guess to realise rum tasting will definitely be included on this evening out. Starting the tour at beautiful Circular Quay, you’ll discover a whole new side of this iconic area, one that dates back to the days of convicts, settlers, crime and alcohol. Winding through the back alleyways of The Rocks, you’ll hear all about some of Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and the era’s most precious drink… rum!
Not only is an interesting lesson in history included in this tour, but rum tasting, two further drinks stops and a number of fantastic photo opportunities throughout the tour also. Don’t let your night end upon concluding the tour, the Rocks and Circular Quay have a number of fantastic restaurants and bars to continue an already great evening out. Simply ask your knowledgable tour guide for some local tips. Tours leave from the Visitors Centre, Wharf 6 Circular Quay at 2pm from Tuesday to Sunday. Tours conclude at around 4.30pm at George Street, The Rocks.
For anyone looking for an interesting way to discover a unique side of Sydney, this tour is it. Book your Pubs and History Tour today and enjoy a fantastic evening out!
- Guided historical walking tour of the Rocks from a local guide
- Fascinating tales of convicts, settlers, bars and a military coup
- Rum Tasting
- Two drink stops for beer/wine/soft drink
- Our Sydney Rocks walking tour is called ‘When Rum Ran The Rocks’, beginning at Circular Quay and exploring the beautiful area with the help of our friendly and knowledgeable local guide. This tour teaches you all about the convicts, alcohol, settlers and crime that happened way back when, entirely immersing you in a different era
- Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and people who shaped this fledgling colony. Hear all about Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and a rebellion over the most precious drink of all… rum!
- As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was literally cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. On this Sydney walking tour, we’ll carve out a narrative of this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and entrepreneurship
- We will navigate down some mysterious alleyways, once scary and seedy but now offering nothing but interesting photo ops and great stories. Dive deep into the areas that are off the beaten path. The tour includes rum tastings plus a couple other drinks. The guides of our walking tours will be able to tell you all about some interesting colonial characters before taking you back to where we started with excellent recommendations on where to kick on or get some dinner. We then also one of Australia’s most fascinating archaeological sites before saying farewell to what is sure to be the best historical tour you’ve ever been on
- Tours depart at 2pm daily from Visitors Centre, Wharf 6 Circular Quay
- Tours finish around 4.30pm at George Street, The Rocks
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements