This one hour flight provides a purely tranquil outdoor experience as the still morning air provides perfect conditions for an **Alice Springs hot air balloon** ride over the iconic Australian outback. The gloriously peaceful atmosphere contrasts with the outstanding reds and strong ochre hues of the landscape that extends from below out to as far as the eye can see. The MacDonnell Ranges offer a rugged backdrop that are a huge part of the character of the region and their peaks and valleys serve only to further accentuate the dynamics of the land.
The flight will begin with a briefing by the experienced pilot before heading to the launch site, and around 30 minutes later you will be floating gracefully over the countryside. The flight is followed by refreshments amongst the Aussie bush after landing with an array of foods and refreshments such as sparkling wine, tropical fruit juices, muffins, slices, biscuits, cheeses and fresh fruits to quench your thirst and satisfy your hunger. Be sure to take the chance to pose for some pictures before returning to your accommodation!
- 60 Minute Hot Air Balloon Flight over Alice Springs
- Enjoy a light refreshments accompanied by sparkling wine and tropical fruit juice
- Commemorative Flight Certificate
- Hotel transfers
- Flight insurance
- See the Australian Outback Bush and Desert from the air!
- Enjoy refreshments in the desert, kilometres away from the nearest road
- Take home some amazing memories and photos of Alice Springs from a ‘birds-eye view’….Don’t forget to bring your camera
- Tours depart daily from Alice Springs Hotels approximately 1 hour before first light and allow up to 4 hours for this tour
- Tour does not operate 25 December, 26 December or 1 January
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator the day prior to your flight to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
What To Bring
- Due to the sometimes dusty conditions, it is advisable not to wear light coloured clothing
- Long pants and a hat or cap are recommended and enclosed flat heel shoes are essential
- In winter (May to September), warm clothing may be necessary as the temperature has been known to drop below 0 degrees. You will be no colder in the balloon than on the ground
- Loose items such as dangling jewellery and scarves are not permitted once passengers reach the launch site and disembark from the bus
- On occasion, the flight time may be two separate, sequential 30-minute flights taken one directly
after the other, with a short changeover in between the two flights, depending on operational restrictions.
Customers will be notified the day prior should this be the case on the day of their flight.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements