Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of sightseeing during a 60 minute Alice Spring Camel Ride Tour through the Australian Outback. This is by far one of the best ways to experience the dusty plains and sweeping views of the outback without exerting yourself in the desert heat. Surrounded by wildlife, keep your eyes peel for kangaroos, wallabies, lizards and birds.
Your transport for the afternoon are atop of native camels who will take you on a gentle tour into White Gums Station for a close-up view of the Macdonnell Ranges. You’ll also learn about Australia’s camel history, farm life and early Australian settlers. Full of interesting facts and spectacular desert scenery – book your Alice Springs Camel Ride tour here.
- Receive a FREE postcard of the camel you ride (valid for travel until 31 March 2022)
- 1 hour camel tour
- Free transfers from Alice Springs accommodation
- The tracks follows an avenue of Iron Bark and Mulga trees, across a clay pan flat, and climbs a slight incline to get sweeping views across the MacDonnell Ranges through Temple Bar Gap
- Almost every day you can see kangaroos and wallabies, many birds including budgies and birds of prey, and often lizards
- Tours depart daily at 2.30pm (subject to availability)
- Between August and October, afternoon tours are not available on Mondays and Thursdays
- Please allow approximately 2.5 hours for the whole experience including transfers
- Pyndan Camel Tracks is located on 21259 Jane Rd, about 17 kilometres south west of Alice Springs
What To Bring
- Please wear comfortable clothing that protects you from sunburn, sunscreen, a hat and a water bottle
- Filtered water available in the Camel Lounge
- It is safe for children and their responsible adult will sit in the saddle seat behind a child. Children under 3 years old must sit on a parent’s lap
- The 1 hour tour can take 1 to 12 riders
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher