A sunset camel ride through the Australian Outback is one of the signature experiences to be had in the Red Centre. As you ride off into the desert, you’ll be treated to a 60 minute tour along a remote track with sweeping views of the MacDonnell Ranges. From atop of the camel, riders have a front row seat to a spectacular sunset that will transform the landmark into the most vibrant colours you’ve ever seen while the sun dips below the horizon. Filled with interesting commentary about the Simpson Desert and life in the outback running a camel farm, the tour will come to an end at the museum with a light refreshment.
Departing from Alice Springs, these gentle camel ride tours are likely to be a highlight of your visit to Central Australia.
- 1 hour camel tour
- Free transfers from Alice Springs accommodation
- Light refreshments including beer, sparkling wine and soft drinks
- The tracks follows an avenue of Iron Bark and Mulga trees, across a clay pan flat, and climbs a slight incline to get sweeping views across the MacDonnell Ranges through Temple Bar Gap
- Almost every day you can see kangaroos and wallabies, many birds including budgies and birds of prey, and often lizards
- Sunset camel ride departure time varies according to season
- Winter season: 20 April to 30 September departs at 5pm
- Mid season: 1 October to 31 October and 20 March to 19 April departs at 5.30pm
- Summer season: 1 November to 19 March departs at 6pm
- Between August and October, the tour is NOT available on Thursdays
- Please allow approximately 2.5 hours for the whole experience including transfers
- Pyndan Camel Tracks is located on 21259 Jane Rd, about 17 kilometres south west of Alice Springs
What To Bring
- Please wear comfortable clothing that protects you from sunburn, sunscreen, a hat and a water bottle
- Filtered water available in the Camel Lounge
- It is safe for children and their responsible adult will sit in the saddle seat behind a child. Children under 3 years old must sit on a parent’s lap
- The 1 hour tour can take 1 to 12 riders
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher