Head into the luscious and world-famous Kakadu National Park on this 2-day tour from Darwin. Departing the Northern Territory capital, you’ll venture along the Arnhem Highway into the large Kakadu National Park. Once you’ve travelled into the 20,000 square kilometre parklands, you’ll be able to see a range of flora and fauna, thousand-year-old Aboriginal rock art and more.
You’ll visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn about the local indigenous people before climbing aboard a Yellow Water Billabong Cruise to see the park from a different viewpoint. With the help of a local guide, you’ll search for wild saltwater crocodiles, birdlife and more animals on land, in the water and in the air. Before the day is concluded you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch and a stop at Nourlangie rock art galleries.
Guests who purchase this tour with accommodation will be retiring for the evening at the Indigenous-owned luxury Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel in refurbished rooms with a private courtyard overlooking the pool and delightful gardens.
On day two, you’ll head off in the morning to explore the beautiful World Heritage Area of Ubirr to see ancient rock art galleries said to be 20,000 years old and join a wetlands scenic cruise. Day two’s cruise ventures through the East Alligator River on board Guluyambi Cruise to learn about the indigenous culture, local mythology and Dreamtime and spot local wildlife.
The last stop for the day is a journey ashore in Arnhem Land where you’ll be able to visit Vowali Visitor Centre before climbing back aboard the bus and travelling back to Darwin.
This tour takes you aboard a comfortable air-conditioned coach with an experienced and friendly driver-guide showing you this beautiful land. If you’re after a packaged experience of Kakadu and a handful of its surrounding regions, then this 2-day tour from Darwin is your best option.
- 2 Day Kakadu and East Alligator River Tour Departing Darwin
- Select option: no accommodation, budget, standard or superior accommodation
- Return airport transfers (flight details to be provided 14 days prior to travel)
- Return Darwin accomodation transfers
- Kakadu National Park Ticket
- Yellow Water Billabong Cruise and lunch (day 1)
- Guluyambi Cruise and lunch (day 2)
- Experienced driver guides
- Informative and detailed commentary
- Air-conditioned coach
- Kakadu Scenic Flight (50 minutes) from $250 per adult and $200 per child
- Superior Accommodation – Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel
Seasonal price variation
- Prices vary depending on seasons (subject to change). Please call to confirm the price for your preferred tour date
- High Season ($$) : May – November
- Low Season ($) : December – April
- Depart Darwin and travel along the Arnhem Highway and pass major river systems and wetland regions, into Kakadu National Park
- Aboriginal rock art dating back thousands of years, to the floodplains that are abundant with wildlife
- Visit Warradjan Cultural Centre to view the informative displays depicting the traditions of the Aboriginal people in Kakadu
- Join your local guide on a cruise of Yellow Water Billabong Cruise
- Search for saltwater crocodiles and the colourful range of birdlife for which this region is renowned
- After lunch, stop at Nourlangie, where your Driver Guide will lead you on a walk to view the rock art galleries
- Opportunity for an optional 50 minute scenic flight at own expense
- Join your Driver Guide this morning to explore the World Heritage Area of Ubirr
- Climb up through the ancient Aboriginal rock art galleries, believed to be 20,000 years old, to the lookout for the view over the surrounding wetlands
- You will then join the Guluyambi Cruise along the East Alligator River
- An Aboriginal guide will provide an insight into their culture, including local mythology, the river’s abundant food chain, as well as bush survival skills
- With special permission of the local people, you are able to go ashore in Arnhem Land
- Visit Bowali Visitor Centre before returning to Darwin, where your short break concludes
- Tour departs Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (May-Sep) and Monday & Thursday (Oct, Nov & Feb-Mar) at 6.30am from Darwin
- Day 2 – tour returns to Darwin approximately 7:30pm
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
- As this Short Break concludes at 7.30pm, it is recommended to pre-book accommodation for the night
- In April & November to March if weather conditions preclude access to East Alligator region, alternative touring will be arranged on day 2
- Prices are per person
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher