Australian Butterfly Sanctuary is the largest butterfly flight aviary and exhibit in Australia. Home to over 1,500 magnificent tropical butterflies including the striking majestic green Cairns Birdwing, the sanctuary is an all-weather experience in the heart of Kuranda.
You’ll be enchanted by these elusive wonders of nature as you wander through the aviary’s boardwalks and gardens with a picturesque rainforest backdrop. Our knowledgeable guides will take you through the aviary and our breeding laboratory, detailing a butterfly’s life cycle and its behaviour.
Be sure to wear something bright and let these beautiful creatures flutter all over you!
- General Admission to Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- New Food Plant Walk
- Free information sheet in various languages
- Hotel transfers
- 4 Park Pass – includes entry to Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Cairns Wildlife Dome, Rainforestation Nature Park & Wildlife Habitat
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary & Rainforestation Nature Park (includes Army Duck Tour, Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience, Koala & Wildlife Park)
- Australia’s largest butterfly flight aviary and exhibit
- Over 2000 magnificent tropical butterflies
- Behind the Scenes Laboratory Tour
- Open daily from 9.30am to 3.30pm except Christmas Day (25th December)
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary is situated at 8 Rob Veivers Drive in the heart of Kuranda Village, 40 minutes from Cairns. There is a shuttle bus to Kuranda Heritage Markets and all attractions, departing from the Skyrail & Kuranda Railway Station every 15 minutes between 10am and 3pm daily
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher