Spend the day exploring the world above and below the water with a visit to the state of the art Cairns Aquarium. This must-visit Cairns attraction is full of fun and adventure for all ages to enjoy, Cairns Aquarium will give you a look into the animals that live in both the rainforests and the oceans of Far North Queensland. With a visit here, you’ll follow the journey of a drop of rain as it begins an adventure into our rivers and streams, our luscious rainforests, and of course, the beautiful Great Barrier Reef.
With an emphasis on life underwater in Tropical North Queensland, there are ten different eco-systems showcasing a range of flora and fauna spread across 70 different habitats. With a number of different presentations throughout the day, including talks on River Monsters, the Ribbon Reef, the Open Ocean and Coral Sea Predators, you’ll have a busy and fun day at the aquarium. There are also various Habitat Talks, animal feeding sessions and terrestrial and marine touch tanks that the kids will love. Home to over 15,000 aquatic animals, this is one of Queensland’s biggest and best aquariums.
- All day admission to Cairns Aquarium
- All shows and presentations
- Food and beverage
- Travel through 10 amazing Nth Qld ecosystems
- Over 70 different habitats
- Discover species from 2 World Heritage listed areas – The Wet Tropics of QLD and the Great Barrier Reef
- Over 15,000 aquatic animals
- Daily shows and presentations
- Touch tanks where you can see and touch sea stars, sea cucumbers and other fascinating sea creatures, under staff supervision.
- Cairns Aquarium is open Monday-Sunday from 10am to 3pm, with last admissions at 2pm
- Cairns Aquarium is located at 5 Florence St (on the corners of Abbott, Florence and Lake Sts), only a short walk from all major Cairns City hotels
- Daily animal and eco-system presentations
- Daily marine touch tank encounter
- Daily ray and shark feeding show
- Complimentary visitor map, multi-lingual versions available in Chinese and Japanese
Terms And Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of entry
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, all Cairns Aquarium information including contact details is included on your tour voucher