Get up, up and away over the amazing tropical landscape of far north QLD with this unforgettable **Cairns hot air ballooning** adventure that has to be experienced to be truly appreciated. With rainforest in one direction and stunning blue reef in the other, this top-selling **Cairns hot air balloon ride** includes a minimum of a 40 minute flight as well as return accommodation transfers.
Absorb the breathtaking scenery of the region in and around Cairns from thousands of feet above as you garner astounding views over the greenery of the Atherton Tablelands, and breathe in the wide-open spaces that provide a snapshot of every iconic image that Australia’s tropics are all about. A hot air balloon ride is annually listed by tourism publications as one of the top things to do on your visit to Cairns, so book now and experience it for yourself!
- A full hot air ballooning experience
- Return Cairns and Northern beaches accommodation transfers
- Interesting and educational expert commentary
- Hot Air Balloon Flight Commemorative Certificate
- $30 Civil Aviation Insurance Levy
- FREE digital photo package
- Complimentary sparking wine
- Complimentary cold brew coffee, juice and bottled water
- Fun and unique sensation of a Hot Air Balloon ride
- Breathe in the fresh air, enjoy sweeping views of the Atherton Tablelands on one side then look towards the coast and Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy the picturesque landscape at dawn
- On landing enjoy a glass of sparkling wine or juice with a light breakfast snack while chatting with the pilot
- Flights depart daily at approximately 5am (depending on the time of year) and return at approximately 9.30am
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words ‘hotel not known’ in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
What To Bring
- Tour voucher
- Walking shoes
- Casual outdoor layered clothing
- Peak Hat
- Bottle of water
- All bookings are weather dependent, and in the case of bad weather your booking will be rescheduled
- There is no height limit for flying
- The basket is approximately 120cm high, there are a couple of footholds on a side of basket and small children can have views through those holes
- The minimum age for a child to fly is 4 years. Children under 3 years old cannot participate.
- All times are an indication only. Please note that times do change depending on the season and exact start times will be given upon receipt of your booking
- Children 3 – 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 13-17 years old can travel on the balloon flight by themselves, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the duration of the tour.
- You must be able to climb up the 1.2 meter foothold ladder into the hot air balloon basket without assistance.
- You must be able to stand for the duration of the flight
- Pregnant women and those who participated in diving the previous day are not suited to this activity
- Passengers with medical conditions or that have accessibility issues, please check with your doctor or specialist prior to booking.
- At no time will a passenger be allowed to fly if their judgment is impaired by alcohol, drugs, or prescription medicine
- Due to weight and safety restrictions, handbags and backpacks may not be carried on the hot air balloon. Please do not bring large bags.
- Unless the camera fails, digital photos will be provided every flight. If the camera fails, no compensation or refund will be given.
- Please note that the timings might be adjusted due to seasonal changes, and the specific schedule is subject to the reservation confirmation you received.
- The hot air balloon flight is 40-65 minutes in duration, depending on the winds of the day
- It is recommended that you wear long pants and closed in shoes – no heels, slippers or skirts please.
- Bring a jacket as it gets quite cool as the sun rises and please avoid white clothes.
- Carry hats and sunglasses, and a fully charged camera for taking pictures.
- If your flight time is from April to October (in winter), you need to wear warm clothes to prevent the cold; in other months, there will be warm airflow due to the burning of hot air balloons, so you do not need to wear warm clothes
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements