Tropical North Queensland’s Rainforestation Nature Park is an award-winning attraction allowing visitors to experience Indigenous culture, see native Australian wildlife and explore World Heritage Listed rainforest all in the one place. The Park is home to three main attractions – Army Duck Rainforest Tours, Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and Koala and Wildlife Park – that are all available for visitors to explore with this great package. **Army Duck Rainforest Tours** will take you on a unique journey through the tropical rainforest aboard an amphibious World War II Army Duck. The experience of being in this vessel along is one to revel in, however the surroundings are just too beautiful to ignore.
While on the journey you’ll see a range of local flora and fauna from land before making a B-line for the water and splashing into the lake for a relaxing cruise. As the Army Duck cruises along the water you’ll be given the chance to see the area from the water and the residents that live in the lake including turtles, fish and eels, who sometimes like to pop up and say hello.
**Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience** is the Nature Park’s interactive cultural experience where you can experience the rich Aboriginal culture. Here you can watch a traditional dance that depicts various types of animals, food gathering and hunting as well as embarking on a Dreamtime Walk where you can try throwing a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing. While at the cultural centre, visitors are given the chance to purchase authentic Aboriginal artworks.
**Koala and Wildlife Park** is the final main attraction at Rainforestation Nature Park and gets you up close to a range of native Australian animals. Following the covered boardwalks on a guided tour, you’ll have great views of a range of animals including crocodiles, wombats, dingoes, snakes, lizards, frogs and cassowaries. You’ll also have the chance to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies, observe the tiger quoll and even have your photo taken as you cuddle up to an adorable koala or hold a small crocodile.
The Rainforestation Nature Park is open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm with various tours and presentations at each of the attractions held throughout the day. Purchase your Rainforestation Nature Park pass to experience the best attractions the region has to offer.
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience
- Army Duck Tour
- Koala and Wildlife Park
- Hotel transfers
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour – experience the rainforest from a unique perspective aboard an amphibious World War 2 Army Duck
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience – watch a traditional dance, enjoy a guided Dreamtime Walk and try your hand at boomerang throwing and observe spear throwing
- Koala and Wildlife Park – excellent viewing of native Australian animals including crocodiles, wombats, dingoes, handfeed kangaroos or have your photo taken cuddling a cute koala (optional extra)
- Open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm
- Closed Christmas Day (25 December)
- Army Duck Tours – 10am, 11am, 12noon, 1pm and 2pm
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience – 12pm (Dance Show), 11.30am and 12.30pm (Dreamtime Walk)
- Koala and Wildlife Park Guided Tours – 9.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 3pm
- Rainforestation Nature Park is located on the Kennedy Hwy, 5 minutes from Kuranda Village and 30 minutes from Cairns
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher