Journey up into the Gold Coast Hinterland for an evening tour of the mesmerising Glow Worm Caves within Springbrook National Park. Nestled in the mountains behind the glitz and the glamour of the Gold Coast main strip, the Gold Coast Hinterland is a natural mecca just waiting to be explored. With this small group tour, you’ll embark on a journey into the National Park to experience the rainforest come to life at night. Once you’ve reached the National Park, you’ll leave the bus for an evening rainforest walk to the glow worm caves and a beautiful cascading waterfall.
Under the leadership of a local guide, you’ll be treated to commentary about the history, culture and lifestyle of the regions traditional Indigenous land owners and their interactions with this special place as well as the park’s unique plants and animals. Before you begin the journey home you’ll enjoy some star grazing.
Tours depart daily from 7pm or early if you require a hotel pick up, and return around 10:30pm. This is a great way to see the ‘other’ side of the Gold Coast that many miss.
- It is a 500 metre walk to the glow worm cave, and 500 metres return. Please consider carefully if you should join the tour if you have walking difficulties. Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket in cooler months
- Pick up and drop off at major hotels in Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise
- Experienced local guide
- Small personalised groups
- National Park admission fees
- Spotlight Walk
- Glow Worm viewing
- Star gazing (weather permitting)
- Torches, and wet weather gear when necessary
- Dinner is not included
- A night time adventure into the rainforest’s of the World Heritage listed Springbrook National Park, nestled in the mountains of the Gold Coast hinterland
- Small group walk to see the sparkling glow worms in a cave featuring a cascading waterfall
- See the largest concentration of Australian glow worms
- Over 100 species of birds and 75 species of mammals live in the Springbrook National Park alone
- Expert local guides enthral visitors with the history, culture and lifestyle of the traditional Aboriginal land owners
- See World Heritage listed nature
- Advanced ECO-certification
- Tours depart daily at 7pm (or earlier from your hotel) and return at approximately 10.30pm
- Pick up available from : Jupiters, Sofitel, Crowne Plaza, Vibe, Paradise Resort, Mariot, Versace, Sea World, Sheraton, Suncity, QT, Mantra on View, Hilton, Novotel Surfers Paradise (former Grand Chancellor), Legends, Q1, Watermark (subject to change)
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words ‘hotel not known’ in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
What To Bring
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket in cooler months
- Customers travelling with an infant (although no extra charge) must state how many infants are required in the comments section when booking as it is important information required for National Park Government Regulations
- It is a 500 metre walk to the glow worm cave, and 500 metres return. Please consider carefully if you should join the tour if you have walking difficulties
- No fee if cancelled before 5pm two days prior to tour date.
- 50% fee if cancelled between 5pm two days prior to tour date and before 5pm one day prior to tour date.
- 100% fee if cancelled after 5pm one day prior to tour date.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- Mobile vouchers are accepted. Vouchers can be presented to the tour operator from your mobile device on the day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher