Situated in the beautiful Tweed Valley, Tropical Fruit World offers a unique Gold Coast experience that indulges all your senses with an interactive activity for the whole family. Over 500 varieties of exotic tropical fruits from around the world are grown here, which means visitors can taste, smell and touch rare exotic fruits such as the chocolate pudding fruit, chewing gum tree and lemon meringue fruit.
No matter what time of the year it is, there is always an amazing variety of delicious fruit in season to sample at Tropical Fruit World’s tasting show. There is fruit to try that has to be seen to be believed – the ice cream bean, red dragon fruit, banana bubble gum fruit and far more are all dreams made reality right here. Visitors not only get to taste the fresh fruit in season, but the preserves that are unique to our plantation are ready for purchase to take home to enjoy.
Come aboard the Plantation Safari for a guided tour of the farm, explore Treasure Island, and adventure on to the Jungle River Cruise and Fauna Park. Don’t forget to stock up on exotic fruit, home-style gourmet jams and sauces, and avocado oil skin care products before you leave.
- General admission to Tropical Fruit World, including cafe and market areas
- Fully guided plantation tractor tour
- Fruit tasting
- Wildlife boat cruise
- Animal Park
- Island recreation area
- Fruit and delicious lunches are available for purchase
- Climb aboard a tractor train and for a fully guided tour of beautiful orchard gardens where fruits from all around the World are grown in harmony with the natural surrounds.
- One of the highlights of a visit to Tropical Fruit World is to experience a whole new world of taste sensations available from the licensed Plantation Cafe
- Fauna Park – interact with bush and barnyard animals waiting for a friendly pat and a feed
- Plantation safari – board the tractor train for a safari through a plantation full of 500 kinds of fruit!
- ‘The Island’ where kids and kids at heart can enjoy acres of fun including a cubby house, flying fox ride, ball-game equipment and a mini-golf course
- Wildlife Boat Cruise – our waterway is teeming with wildlife. Cruise beside our native birdlife sanctuary. Feed wild birds, spot turtles and water-dragons, you may even see a carpet snake coiled up enjoying the sun.
- Fruit Market – take home your favourite fresh farm fruits
- Open daily from 10am – 4pm (NSW DST) time
- Closed Christmas Day (25 December)
- The typical visit is half-day duration, with the tour comprising 2.5 hours
- 29 Duranbah Road, Duranbah, NSW, 2487 (approximately 10 minutes south of Gold Coast Airport)
What To Bring
- Clothing to suit the weather conditions
- Enclosed shoes
- Umbrella or rain jacket in event of inclement weather
- Carers with carer cards/appropriate identification who are accompanying a person or persons with disability are admitted free (ticket must be pre-booked)
- Infants aged 0-3yrs and less than 60cm in height are free of charge. Infants must be supervised by parents who adhere to the following rules:
- All infants booked on a tour are booked without a seat and must travel either in the lap of the adult travelling with them or be placed in a baby carrier front pack
- Limit of one infant per adult booked online. If you wish to book an infant with a seat or more than one child travels with one adult, each additional child must occupy a seat and be more than 60cm tall and able to sit upright without assistance
- Infants 0-3 will remain in baby carrier front packs whilst on the tour vehicles
- Those infants not in baby carriers will sit on their parents lap whilst on the tour vehicles
- Parents of infants visiting Tropical Fruit World shall supervise infants at all times while riding in Tropical Fruit World tour vehicles
- All passengers aged under 9 shall be seated on a seat row inside an adult not on the outside seat where ever possible, no infant shall ever be seated outside an adult on the tour vehicle
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher