Join this half-day Hervey Bay whale watching tour for an unforgettable encounter with majestic humpback whales on the Fraser Coast. Cruising aboard the Quick Cat II, this purpose-built whale watching vessel offers 5 viewing decks across 3 levels so you can enjoy unobstructed views on the spacious boat as the whales playfully swim around the vessel.
The Hervey Bay whale watching season runs from July to October and is an ideal location to watch Humpback Whales migrating past the Fraser Coast with their pod numbers increasing every year. The fun and informative cruise also include a scenic tour past Fraser Island where you’ll see the pristine beaches and coloured sand cliffs as you cruise out to sea in search of Humpback Whales.
This Hervey Bay Whale Watching Tour departs from the Great Sandy Straits Marina at 7.45 am and returns at 1.30 pm.
- Half day whale watch cruise
- Complimentary tea, coffee, juice & light refreshments
- Informative commentary
- Licensed bar
- Hydrophone equipped
- Up close and personal whale encounters
- Hydrophone equipped to listen to whale song
- Fully licensed bar
- Twin engine, fast, stable super catamaran
- Five easy access viewing decks
- Low passenger numbers
- Australia’s most advanced whale watch vessel
- A fun trip giving educational informative and personalised experience from Australia’s most experienced whale watch crew
- Entire boat is wheelchair and stroller friendly – the only boat in Hervey Bay that offers this
- The boat holds up to 95 people (However due to social distancing, numbers will be capped at 40 passengers)
- Whale guarantee – receive a free return ticket if whales are not spotted
- Hervey Bay Whale Watching season is July – October
- Cruise departs at 7.45am and returns at 1.30pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to departure
- We will be travelling via Kingfisher Bay Resort to pick up guests before travelling to the whales.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you