Join us for a Morning Whale Watch Cruise aboard Quick Cat II for an unforgettable experience spotting Humpback Whales in their natural habitat. Our knowledgeable crew will provide fascinating insights into their behavior and characteristics, while you take in stunning views of K’Gari (Fraser Island) and Hervey Bay’s waters. Look out for dolphins, turtles, and seabirds along the way. Enjoy a light breakfast and morning tea as we explore the Great Sandy Straits & Platypus Bay – where our Humpback Whales come to play!
- Tea & Coffee and light refreshments
- Informative Commentary + Local Knowledge & History
- Australia’s most experienced Whale Watch crew
- Hydrophone equipped to listen to the beautiful singing of the whales underwater
- Fully licensed bar for food and beverage purchases
- Non smoking vessel
What to Bring
- Mask, Snorkel, Towel and Swimwear (if you are planning to swim)
- Camera (preferably waterproof)
- Sense of adventure
- Money for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, whale swim if desired.
EFTPOS is available on board.
- Morning whale watch 7:00AM and returns at 12:30PM
- Afternoon whale watch 1:00PM and returns at 5:00PM
Please ensure all guests check in to our floating office at least 15 minutes prior to your departure time. We don’t want you to miss the boat. We are the only floating office located right at the boat, head along the board walk and down the ramp and you have found us. Walk through the office check in with one of our lovely office staff members and head on through onto Quick Cat II.
Half Day Whale Watch: Please check in at 6:45AM for our Morning Whale Watch
Please check in at 12:45PM for our Afternoon Whale Watch
If you experience unexpected delays please call us as soon as you can. If you cannot make departure time your ticket is transferable to another cruise (subject to availability)
- Exciting opportunity to Swim with the Humpback Whales – Extra $100.00 per person to be paid during the tour (Weather permitting & conditions apply)
- Check out our exclusive “Whales & Lunch @ Fraser” for an extra $35.00 on top of your ticket – AMAZING VALUE!
INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR CRUISEWeather & Sea Conditions
The team at Hervey Bay Whale Watch have been doing this for a long time and know the bay and the conditions well.
Quick Cat II is one of the best “Sea boats” in the fleet. We usually have great conditions and the bay is usually protected and calm BUT… Sometimes it may get a bit rough!
We will never leave the harbour if conditions are dangerous and we will advise you of the expected conditions before departure. Different people have different expectations, some people aren’t bothered by rough days, but we want you to enjoy your experience with us so if it’s a rough day we are happy to re book your cruise for a calmer day.
If the day is too rough to be enjoyable, we will advise you as soon as possible that the cruise will be cancelled. You have the choice of a refund or to book for another cruise.
It is extremely rare that we don’t find whales on our Whale Watching cruises, however, occasionally this may happen very early in the season or very late in the season. This is why we set our start and finish dates to minimise the chance of this happening and minimise the chance of leaving passengers disappointed.
Hervey Bay Whale Watch have always guaranteed whale sightings. This means that if you have joined us for our Whale Watch Cruise and for some reason we don’t see whales, your ticket is valid for any of our other Whale Watch Cruises until you see the majestic Humpback Whales. (Subject to availability)
This company has always maintained this policy. The longest time taken to redeem a ticket was 15 years so the guarantee stands for as long as it takes. It was nice to have the customers return after 15 years!
- Hervey Bay Whale Watch reserve the right to substitute another vessel at any time
- Cruise may be cancelled or substituted due to weather or tide conditions or if viable passenger numbers are not reached.