All of our amazing dive sites are within a quick 10-15 minute boat trip from our beach where we launch our 2 custom built semi-rigid NAIAD inflatable dive boats.
Diving here can only be described as exhilarating! Only minutes away from our doorstep, Straddie’s reefs are teeming with various marine life like Manta rays and Leopard sharks during summer (Nov-Apr), endangered Grey Nurse sharks and humpback whales during winter (Jun-Oct), plus bull & eagle rays, guitar & wobbegong sharks, turtles, dolphins, octopus, pelagics, hard & soft corals, nudibranchs plus hundreds of tropical fish species.
We have a choice of 12 varying dive sites, all with their own individual experiences. This wide array of choice allows us to tailor your dive trip according to your experience levels, as well as which particular site has the best conditions on the day of your trip. Please note that we can NEVER guarantee a dive site. You will NOT be given a refund if we can not take you to the dive site you would prefer due to conditions or experience level of all divers on board. As always, we will do our best to accommodate all divers.
- Tanks & Weights
- Snacks and water on board (please note we do not cater to dietary requirements, if you have special requirements we recommend you bring your own snack with you).
- Warm shower and towels for after the dive.
- Equipment hire is an additional charge, depending on what you require.
Meeting times: You do NOT need to arrive at Manta Lodge earlier than the time listed below for each dive. This is ample time to complete paperwork, check equipment sizes, set up your equipment and brief for the dives.
The above meeting time is the time to meet at Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre. This is NOT the meeting time at the ferry terminal.
If you are paying for your ferry ticket through Manta Lodge & Scuba centre, the below meeting times apply for you.
AM Dive – 6:45am meet at the store OR catch the Gold Cats Flyer that departs at 5.55am and our courtesy bus will collect you when you arrive at Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island. We will return you to the ferry at 1pm in time to catch the 1.25pm ferry back to Cleveland.
PM Dive – 11:00am meet at the store OR catch the Gold Cats Flyer that departs at 9.55am and our courtesy bus will collect you when you arrive at Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island. We will return you to the ferry at 4:20pm in time to catch the 4:55pm ferry back to Cleveland.
How to catch the Gold Cats Flyer:
You can easily book your tickets for the Gold Cats Flyer with us. As you select the dive trip it will appear as one of our optional extras. If you select this extra we will charge you for this. At the beginning of the booking you will be asked to select a pickup location, select the Stradbroke ferry terminal, that way, we know we need to pick you up! If you forget to add the tickets as an extra with us, no problem! Just give us a call and we can sort it out for you.
The way you catch the Gold Cats Flyer if booking with us is below.
For the 5.55am departing Gold Cats Flyer:
1. Board the Gold Cats Flyer (ferry) before collecting your ticket as their ticket office is not opened yet.
2. As the ticket master collects everyone’s ticket, tell them you have paid through Manta Lodge. They will ask you to sign your name onto our account and they will issue you with a return ticket (bright red tickets, do not lose these).
3. The ferry only stops at Dunwich, so hope off the ferry at look for our bright coloured dive van and our friendly staff waiting to meet you.
For the 9.55am departing Gold Cats Flyer:
1. Go into the Gold Cats Flyer ticket office. Ask to get a return ticket on Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre’s account. They will ask you to sign your name onto our account and they will issue you with a return ticket (bright red tickets, do not lose these).
2. Board the Gold Cats Flyer. On the ferry the ticket master will collect one of your tickets, the other is for the return ferry.
3.The ferry only stops at Dunwich, so hope off the ferry at look for our bright coloured dive van and our friendly staff waiting to meet you.
Please allow plenty of time to find a car park etc…If you miss the Gold Cats Flyer, no refunds are given. We do not offer pick ups or tickets for the Stradbroke Ferries, the Water Taxi or the Vehicle Ferry.