Buy your Australia Zoo tickets here AND skip the queue. Queensland’s Australia Zoo, made famous by the late, great Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin, is often referred to as Australia’s best zoo and is one of the Sunshine Coast’s absolute must-do family attractions. Australia Zoo is focused on the protection and conservation of wildlife and there are many opportunities to get up close to some of the animals including kangaroos, wallabies and cuddly koalas.
Our Australia Zoo tickets also include entry to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, where you can witness the wonderful team of vets as they treat and rehabilitate injured, sick or orphaned wildlife before releasing them back into the wild.
Australia Zoo is one of the most highly-regarded wildlife facilities in all of Australia, featuring a huge range of animals and many exhibits that each highlight a different aspect of the animal kingdom, such as the Crocoseum where you’ll be able to see crocodiles jumping to be fed, the open-range Africa exhibit, the Tiger Temple and much more – so don’t hesitate and buy your Australia Zoo tickets here – CRIKEY!
- General Admission
- Wildlife Hospital entry is NOT included
- The Crocoseum – Check out our resident Masters of Ceremonies doing their thing during the wildlife shows, as well as a whole host of crazy and hilarious characters
- Tiger Temple – Home to our majestic Sumatrans and Bengal tigers, the Tiger Temple provides an amazing opportunity for you to get up-close with these magnificent big cats
- Africa – Crikey! It’s as wild as life gets at Australia Zoo’s new open range exhibit – Africa. Stage one is now open and you can see the only multi-species African exhibit in Queensland
- Witness the wonderful team of vets as they treat and rehabilitate injured, sick or orphaned wildlife at Wildlife Hospital, one of the largest and busiest wildlife hospitals in the world
Australia Zoo Park Map
- To view and download a full sized map of Australia Zoo click here
- Open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days (excluding Christmas Day 25th December)
- Australia Zoo is located on Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah, Sunshine Coast, approximately a one hour drive north of Brisbane
- Travel on the Bruce Highway, take the Steve Irwin Way exit and follow the signs. Takes roughly 1 hour from Brisbane, 2 hours from the Gold Coast, and 3.5 hours from Hervey Bay
- Catch the train from Central Station, Brisbane to Beerwah. Local bus transfers can be caught from the Beerwah train station to Australia Zoo.
- Daily day tour and coach transfers operate from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Click here for Australia Zoo day tours from Brisbane or here for Australia Zoo day tours from the Gold Coast.
Australia Zoo Coach pickup service from the Sunshine Coast
- Australia Zoo has partnered with Greyhound Australia for pick up and drop off coach services around the Sunshine Coast. Greyhound operate daily services between Noosa, Coolum, Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Mooloolaba and Australia Zoo in Beerwah
What To Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain Poncho
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
What NOT To Bring
- Domestic Animals
- Your own animal food. Please feed our wildlife the correct food and do not bring your own food. Animal food is available from the Kids Zoo and Kids Shop
- Children aged 2yrs and under receive complimentary entry
- Mobile vouchers accepted
- Tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase
- Australia Zoo accept companion cards for free entry
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of entry
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator information including contact details is included on your tour voucher