All aboard the heritage Mary Valley Rattler train for a scenic railway journey through the picturesque Mary Valley from Gympie. This railway journey is a must for those who love train travel. Enjoy the scenic views as you ride through the townships of the Mary Valley. These trains are lovingly restored and this is a great family activity for the young and the old. Make sure that you leave time to wander through The station museum, gift shop and cafe while you are here.
Railway journeys are currently available on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Get your tickets here to experience the Mary Valley Rattler train journey.
- Return Heritage Railway Train Journey from Gympie to Amamoor
- Train into the charming Mary Valley townships
- Sit back and relax and learn about the history
- Hotel drop off
- Meals and drinks
- We do a set menu 2 course lunch on return to the station and complimentary beverage (Tasting Train).
- The Historic Gympie Station, Tozer Street is a traditional Queensland building which has been fully restored to its former glory. Make sure you leave plenty of time to explore The Station which houses a historical display sharing stories of the Mary Valley Railway line and its people
- The Rusty Rails Café caters for all tastes with takeaway available to enjoy on board
- The gift shop stocks a variety of train-themed treasures and local specialty products.
- Step aboard one of our meticulously restored trains and travel along the tracks that have been brought back to life. Sit back, relax and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Mary Valley
- Your journey passes through the small town of Dagun, home to a beautiful heritage station
- Nestled in the centre of the Mary Valley, Amamoor is a historic town bordered by Amamoor State Forest and a Forest Reserve which is home to more than 120 species of birds. Here the train will turn around on the restored turntable. You can watch this fascinating process or explore the quaint community of Amamoor
- Steam Train departs Gympie at 10am on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Please check in at least 45 minutes before departure
- Rusty Rails Cafe, located in the historic Gympie Station, is open from 8am to 3pm
- Please allow 3.5 hours for a round trip departing Gympie
- Heritage Train located at Historic Gympie Station, Tozer Street, Gympie, Queensland 4570
- Click here to view the journey map
What To Bring
- Water bottle
- The Classic Rattler Train: Child age is 2-12yrs
- The Rattler Tasting Train: Infant age is 0-1yrs and do not occupy a seat. Paid tickets apply to guests aged 2yrs and over
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher