Hit the waters for an Australian-first aquatic experience, on a tour to swim with Humpback whales in the waters off QLD’s Sunshine Coast! Take advantage of this rare opportunity to join in a truly life-changing experience, swimming alongside one of the world’s largest and most gentle creatures over the course of a half day 4 hour tour with a limited maximum group size of 20 people to keep the experience both uncrowded and eco-friendly. The whale swimming tour departs from Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast and is available each day between July and October, and provide a firsthand look at these ocean giants as they play, dive, breach and slap their fins.
Once whales have been spotted, groups of 10 swimmers will be sent out on a floating line to get acquainted with the whales, and with all equipment such as snorkelling gear and wetsuits provided, you’ll have everything you need to come along and tick one of life’s true bucket list items off your agenda. Combined with a spotter plane that helps spot the whales faster and more efficiently, this is the newest and ultimate whale experience in Australia exclusive to the Sunshine Coast – so book your whale swimming tour online today as spots are sure to fill up quickly!
- Swim with Humpback Whales
- 4 hour trip
- Full briefing
- Wetsuits and snorkelling equipment
- Certified dive instructors as guides
- Snack onboard and when you return to the shop
- Observers are welcome on board for $69 per person (subject to availability). If you would like to add observers to your booking, please call the tour operator directly once you have received your voucher (their contact phone number will be printed on your voucher)
- Come onboard "4 Shore"
- Access to a spotter plane to increase the likelihood of a whale encounter
- The whale swimming and watching operations work out of Mooloolaba in the heart of Queensland’s Naturally Refreshing Sunshine Coast
- During the trip we often get to see these majestic creatures giving breathtaking displays of breaching, lob tailing and pectoral fin slaps
- Swimmers in groups of ten are sent out along a floating line once whales have been seen near the boat
- Small group tour – minimum numbers are 10, maximum 20
- 100% natural experience!
- Tours depart daily (dependent on weather) at 7.30am, 8am and 11.30am between July and October
- Depart from 11/12 The Warf Mooloolaba, 123 Parkyn Parade
What To Bring
- Dry clothes
- Minimum 7 passengers and maximum of 20 participants
- Water temperatures during this time range from 17 to 23 degrees and visibility is regularly up to 30 metres
- No weight belts, scuba gear or flash photography is permitted
- Minimum 8 years – Must be able to swim
- There is no guarantee guests will get to swim with the whales, as this is a 100% natural experience on the whales’ own terms. Since 2014, on average more than 75% of guests have had an in-water experience with a whale
- Staff will make the final decision as to whether it is appropriate to enter the water with the whales, in the interests of both guests’ and whales safety
- Guests must be competent swimmers as this is an open-water experience. Staff will have the final say as to a guest’s in-water ability.
- Minimum age for swimmers is 8 years. All children must always be supervised by an adult
- A minimum of 7 guests per trip are required for these tours to run
- Please provide all participant names and ages at the time of booking
- Guests need to rate their swimming ability from 1 to 5, 1 being poor & 5 being excellent at the time of booking
- If participants have a recent injury, illness or are taking medication, they need a doctor’s approval to participate, specifically referencing they can take part in open ocean swimming and climbing a ladder in open sea conditions
- Passengers that are pregnant or trying to become pregnant are NOT permitted to participate in this swim with whales experience.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
*Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you