The Play Taste & Discover Pass allows access to all that The Ginger Factory has to offer including The Factory Tour, The Super Bee Tour, the children’s Overboard ride and of course the much-loved Ginger Train, Moreton. Visitors can learn how ginger and honey is harvested and manufactured to create delicious, award-winning products. There are regular tours of the factory as well as beekeeping demonstrations of a working hive. Both tours include lots of delectable product tastings.
Rides at The Ginger Factory include the “Overboard” adventure water ride and it’s magical puppetry show, a great favourite with the kids and the open-air carriage train ride. Take the opportunity to travel in an original, 100 year old cane train. The Ginger Factory’s “Moreton” train is a great experience and a lovely way to enjoy the themed sub-tropical gardens.
The Ginger Café offers diners a great variety of deliciously fresh food made with the Sunshine Coast’s best seasonal produce. The parfaits and freshly churned ice creams are to die for! Shoppers will be delighted with the range of products available to sample and buy. Ginger Town is a heritage-styled shopping village packed with amazing goodies from condiments and sweets to hand-made dolls and puppets and fresh baked treats. Kids can decorate their own cookies!
The Ginger Factory’s landscaped gardens are great for a gentle stroll after lunch. There’s plenty of shade, tranquil water features and a huge variety of native and exotic plants to enjoy. Ginger plants are available to buy during the warmer months. Come and be inspired.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tours are capped at a lower limit. Please ensure once you purchase your ticket that you phone the operator to confirm your tour time and date. Contact details will be attached to your voucher
- Entry to the Ginger Factory
- The Ginger Story
- Super Bee
- Ginger Train
- Gruffalo Trail experience
- Take part in the new "Gruffalo Trail" interactive experience, simply download the "Gruffalo Spotters 2 Aus" app then journey into the Ginger Factory rainforest, looking for clues along the way to bring the characters to life. There are 5 markers that activate Mouse, Fox, Owl, Snake and the Gruffalo
- Snap photos and videos of the Gruffalo characters using the Gruffalo Spotter app
- The Ginger Story: See how the ginger is grown and turned into a delicious range of products, then taste the world’s finest ginger for yourself
- Super Bee: Experience the fascinating world of the honeybee as beekeepers share with you hidden secrets of the hive
- Overboard: Go Overboard with the gingerbread man on a fantastic voyage around the world on this meandering water adventure ride for the whole family
- Ginger Train: Hop on board Moreton – the much loved historic cane train on a leisurely tour through the beautiful gardens
- Open daily from 9am-5pm
- Closed Christmas Day 25th December
- Located in the heart of Sunshine Coast, just 60 minutes north of Brisbane, take the Bruce Highway (M1) to the Yandina/Coolum exit. Please arrive prior to 1.30pm to allow enough time
- Play Taste & Discover Pass can be used on multiple visits, but entry to each Ride / Tour is allowed once only
- To complete a Play Taste & Discover Pass you will need to arrive at the Ginger Factory by 1.15pm
- Children aged three and under are free
- A child under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult, 17yrs and above
- Children aged 10 – 16 can ride alone, but not supervise a younger child
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable for cash