The Play Taste & Discover Bundle allows access to all that The Ginger Factory has to offer including The Factory Tour, The Live Bee Show, the Overboard boat ride and of course the much-loved Ginger Train, Moreton. Visitors can learn how ginger and honey is harvested and manufactured to create delicious, award-winning products. There are regular tours of the factory as well as beekeeping demonstrations of a working hive. Both tours include lots of delectable product tastings.
Rides at The Ginger Factory include the “Overboard” boat ride and its magical puppetry show, a great favourite with the kids. Take the opportunity to travel in an original cane train, over 120 years old. The Ginger Factory’s “Moreton” train is a great experience and a lovely way to enjoy the themed sub-tropical gardens.
The Ginger Kitchen offers diners a great variety of deliciously fresh food made with the Sunshine Coast’s best seasonal produce. The parfaits and freshly churned gelato are to die for! Shoppers will be delighted with the range of products available to sample and buy. Ginger Town is a heritage-styled shopping village packed with amazing goodies from condiments and sweets to hand-made dolls and puppets and fresh baked treats. Kids can decorate their own gingerbread men!
The Ginger Factory’s landscaped gardens are great for a gentle stroll after lunch. There’s plenty of shade, tranquil water features and a huge variety of native and exotic plants to enjoy. Ginger plants are available to buy during the warmer months. Come and be inspired.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tours are capped at a lower limit. Please ensure once you purchase your ticket that you phone the operator to confirm your tour time and date. Contact details will be attached to your voucher
- Entry to the Ginger Factory
- The Factory Tour
- The Live Bee Show
- Unlimited Rides on the Overboard boat ride
- Unlimited Rides on the Ginger Train
- Gruffalo Trail experience
- Take part in the new "Gruffalo Trail" interactive experience, simply download the "Gruffalo Spotters 2 Aus" app then journey into the Ginger Factory rainforest, looking for clues along the way to bring the characters to life. There are 5 markers that activate Mouse, Fox, Owl, Snake and the Gruffalo
- Snap photos and videos of the Gruffalo characters using the Gruffalo Spotter app
- The Factory Tour: See how the ginger is grown and turned into a delicious range of products, then taste the world’s finest ginger for yourself
- The Live Bee Show: Experience the fascinating world of the honeybee as beekeepers share with you hidden secrets of the hive
- Overboard: Go Overboard with the gingerbread man on a fantastic voyage around the world on this meandering water adventure ride for the whole family
- Ginger Train: Hop on board Moreton – the much-loved historic cane train on a leisurely tour through the beautiful gardens
- Open daily from 9am-5pm
- Closed Christmas Day 25th December
- Located in the heart of Sunshine Coast, just 60 minutes north of Brisbane, take the Bruce Highway (M1) to the Yandina/Coolum exit. Please arrive prior to 1.30pm to allow enough time
- Play, Taste and Discover Bundle is to be used in a single day and entitles the ticket holder to the Factory Tour, Bee Show and Unlimited boat and train rides for the day.
- To complete a Play Taste and Discover Pass you will need to arrive at the Ginger Factory by 1.15pm
- Children aged three and under are free
- A child under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult, 17yrs and above
- Children aged 10 – 16 can ride alone, but not supervise a younger child
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable for cash